MS Surface sales disappointing?

The problem is that the surface RT is pretty much undesirable since it does not run PC Windows. The one that is a PC is expensive, has a tiny SSD and has a very short battery life, not exactly something that causes it to fly off the shelf.

Yeah RT should have never been made but I think the Pro will be fine plus all the other manufactures that are making their own tablets as well.

The problem is that the surface RT is pretty much undesirable since it does not run PC Windows. The one that is a PC is expensive, has a tiny SSD and has a very short battery life, not exactly something that causes it to fly off the shelf.

IOW, pretty much standard MS product design.

I small a fire sale soon on Surface

Add that to the 75% drop in Win8 cost to OEMs and it's becoming more and more likely that this will go down in history as a spectacular failure.

With this type of lack of success, I don't see how Ballmer maintains his employment.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

agreed, just like the OVERPRICED touchscreen monitors. When they drop 75% from current prices, it sure will be fun to shop for one.

agreed, just like the OVERPRICED touchscreen monitors. When they drop 75% from current prices, it sure will be fun to shop for one.

I don't think touchscreen monitors for traditional computers are worthwhile anyway -- they are too far away to use comfortably IMO.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Link didn't work, as posted.

My lawyer got the cheaper model last month.
It came with Microsort full-version productivity software, and he was able to put it to use immediately.
Says it's more a work horse than his iPad tablet, which he's used for a couple of years.

My buddy just got the expensive i5-based version ($1200?), which doesn't come with the MS productivity software.
He seems to like it, but I think it's more ego-driven than practical.

Neither appeal to me, but if I had to choose, it'd be the non-i5 model.
With the tablet market moving so fast, there willl be two better choices by Xmas, if you ignore the current offerings. :)