MSG HD Blacked out and it is my locall RSN! SD works?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Same here. CSR tried to tell me it was because the lock out. Jeez, just tell me you don't know.

Yer kidding, right?.
I wish I had a nickle for every idiotic, untrue and " say anything to get the customer off the phone" response from a CSR...I's OWN the damned satcos.

Well, after waiting and waiting for the CSR (who isn't very sharp), the answer was because the Rangers didn't sell out tonight and this is how they are encouraging people to go to the Garden tonight.
I highly doubt this is the reason.

NO friggin way...That person should be working as far away from the general public as possible.

actually there is 2 feeds of MSG
The MSG version for Buffalo is on 638 (SD) and 638-1 (HD). Its only for the Sabres games and that region. So cparker would have been blacked out on 634 (MSG) from the Rangers feed but not on 638-1 which is the Sabres feed. Conversely you would have the opposite.

I didn't realize there was an additional feed for MSG. In the guide it shows as NYa, not MSG. So bad on me for not knowing that. My point though, was that the blackout I was seeing would have been seen by everyone watching the Rangers feed. Oddly enough, when you do a lookup for a Buffalo zip code, it shows the Sabres on MSG channel 634!

The RSN tool does have a glitch that if you get a part time RSN that is (or was) part of another one it shows the "main" RSN

Buffalo is one. They get MSG (634) but are blacked out of the hockey games. They watch the Sabres games on 638
Milwaukee (actually all of Wisconsin) is another. They get FS North (668) which is based in MN. They are blacked out of all pro sports. They get Bucks and Brewers on FS Wisconsin (669) but its only part time. The RSN thing says 668
New Orleans and Oklahoma City are another. It says FSN SW (676) for both but they use 678 for OK City and 680 for New Orleans games. The numbering may be off ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts