MSGHD ITS oN?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Im watching the Rangers on MSGHD right now..

Is all settled or its just because its preseason hockey?

Anyone know this??

If so, im getting CI...Tonight!
:rolleyes:

Anyone know this??

What channel are you watching it on? I thought pre season games were only available on NHL Network and theres none scheduled today unless you live in Canada. How the heck are you able to watch it?

What channel are you watching it on? I thought pre season games were only available on NHL Network and theres none scheduled today unless you live in Canada. How the heck are you able to watch it?

The Rags game was on MSG. Some preseason games are usually on the teams local channel (FSN's/CSN's/MSG etc).

Anyone know this??

Is there a sportspack free view? All sportspack channels are on except for those showing MLB which would require MLBEI.

I wouldn't assume that the NHL/MSG HD issue is settled yet. We might be getting the HD feeds due to preseason but I remember last year after MSG officially pulled the HD feeds, there were a few Devils feeds that "sneaked" thru on CI. There weren't many but it happened a few times. We'll have to wait for the regular season games to see how it goes.

NHL:CI doesn't start until 10/1 -- so you were just watching the game on the MSG-HD RSN and DirecTV didn't black it out because it was a pre-season game.

According to messages coming from nhl.tv, the dispute between the NHL and CableVision has not been settled.

to the op, do you have center ice this year? maybe, that's why you got the game. or it was a mistake.

to the op, do you have center ice this year? maybe, that's why you got the game. or it was a mistake.

preseason games aren't part of CI. he got the game because theres a free preview of sports pack running. preseason games aren't included in any out of market sports package, a sports pack subscription is required for them. preseason games for all sports aren't blacked out either.

No, I did not ''yet'' renew my center ice...

I do have the sports pack subscription.

Im only interested in MSG HD...I might get CI anyway could see the Rangers
in HD on away team feeds.

However, I love the comentators for the Ny Rangers..grew up listening to some of them...

Im on the fence on this one...

I wish they could fix this already!
:rant:

No, I did not ''yet'' renew my center ice...

I do have the sports pack subscription.

Im only interested in MSG HD...I might get CI anyway could see the Rangers
in HD on away team feeds.

However, I love the comentators for the Ny Rangers..grew up listening to some of them...

Im on the fence on this one...

I wish they could fix this already!
:rant:

+1. Although I'm a native Texan, I got "educated" with the NHL from the old Sportschannel C-Band feeds with "Sam & JD" on MSG. Great games and I learned a ton about NHL hockey. By the time we got the Stars down here in Dallas, I knew a lot about the game so going to those early Stars games was a lot more fun since I knew a lot of the rules & strategies of the game.

I remember when Sam & JD were working the road game vs the Stars from Reunion Arena. I always sat up next to the broadcasting booths and press box to see the replays on the monitors and to hear the league announcements coming into the press box. I got Sam & JD's attention and said "MSG!" They both laughed and were surprised that a local fan with a Stars hat would be waving at them.

As for the MSG HD dispute, this one hit me hard since I also follow the Rangers and Devils and some Islanders games on CI. I didn't watch the road team's HD feeds last year so I could watch with the NY announcers even though it was on the SD MSG feeds.

Would someone mind taking a moment to explain the NHL/MSGHD dispute thing to me? I have had Cablevision here in NY for several years. I'm having DirecTV installed next Wednesday. I'm interested in learning more about the dispute and how it may affect viewers.

Thanks!

If you have DirecTV *AND* you're in the Sabres / Rangers / Islanders / Devils viewing territory then there is no issue. You'll get MSG-HD as your RSN.

If you live *outside* of the NY/NJ area, the only way to get that channel to watch games is via one of the league packages (ie, NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, MLB Extra Innings). There is a dispute between the NHL and the Dolans (owners of the Rangers) regarding the team's website and some other marketing crap. The Dolans also own CableVision, which owns the MSG/MSG+ networks. As part of this dispute, the Dolans have elected to withhold the HD feeds for MSG/MSG+ from Center Ice. You'll still be able to see the games, but in SD only.

As you guys have said numerous times, the whole thing's sad. "He said, She said".....like first-graders fighting in the playground.

Sounds like the DTV/Comcast war over the Vs channel.

Paying sub's are the ones that have to wait it out for the parties to settle, if that happens.

I haven't called CSR yet to try and get a discount on CI. Ordinarilly, I'd not have considered it.

Would someone mind taking a moment to explain the NHL/MSGHD dispute thing to me? I have had Cablevision here in NY for several years. I'm having DirecTV installed next Wednesday. I'm interested in learning more about the dispute and how it may affect viewers.

Thanks!

If you are in NY area, no worries, you'll get the MSG games since MSG is your local RSN. It is for the fans out of area that sub to NHLCI that get screwed since the HD feed is being withheld from the package and they are forced to watch the games in SD, unless there is a dual feed for the other team in HD. So for those of us in NY that get MSG as our local RSN, no worries.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)