Please reply by conversation.

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
I thought direc added msghd? Im interested in catching the Ranger games
in High Def.

I dont see msghd? I thought direc has it.

Any clarification on this?

I have the NHL center ice through dish for the hd alone. They dont offer MSG in HD either? All Ranger home games are in standard def.

Thanks, gotta have Ny Ranger hockey in hd!:confused:

I thought direc added msghd? Im interested in catching the Ranger games
in High Def.

I dont see msghd? I thought direc has it.

Any clarification on this?

I have the NHL center ice through dish for the hd alone. They dont offer MSG in HD either? All Ranger home games are in standard def.

Thanks, gotta have Ny Ranger hockey in hd!:confused:

No hd MSG yet, maybe this Wednesday.

There are several threads mentioning that MSG might be a long time coming because their ownership wants it to be a cable exclusive.

Sure it does...when you realize the owner of Madison Square Garden and the owner of Cablevision are the same...
Yeah.. and lord knows they've done a GREAT job of running that place... How many of their customers have they made angry because of stupid pissing contests they've had with program providers?

You'd figure MSG could use the extra cash to pay off all those sexual harassment lawsuits, so they'd love to make some nice deals with some other companies.

Last edited:
Cablevisions' last hope of keeping a LOT of its' customers, is making certain MSGHD is theirs exclusively. I've seen the reports on this site, saying MSGHD will be added to DirecTV's lineup...it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

It is listed on the new Directv website as an available channel. So I'm leaning towards Directv getting this channel soon.

We are going to be getting MSG-HD it is listed on the Directv Website. They are saying they have 70 HD Channels now, that includes the new PPV Channels and Some Other Channels. We will get it and we will also get FSN-NY

Once we get MSG and FSN-NY they will need to stop running that ad that says you need cablevision to get all sports in hd in new york lol

We are going to be getting MSG-HD it is listed on the Directv Website. They are saying they have 70 HD Channels now, that includes the new PPV Channels and Some Other Channels. We will get it and we will also get FSN-NY

Uhh.. where exactly does it say on the website that MSGHD is coming?

....NM... just saw it scroll by..

Last edited:
Thank you for writing. I am glad to hear you are interested in MSG, NHL Center Ice and the NHL Network. I will be happy to answer your questions.

While we do carry MSG in HD in certain parts of their coverage area, we cannot provide MSG in HD to you because our HD satellite “spot beam” doesn’t quite reach your area.

Some background:
We deliver MSG’s HD feed to the coverage area using the same technology we use to deliver local channels to the Buffalo NY area. This technology is known as a satellite spot beam and it covers the areas immediately around the city like a spotlight. In zip codes near the outer edges of a "spot beam," we aren't able to offer local channels or MSG in HD because there is a possibility that another satellite spot beam will overlap and cause interference. As a result, even though you do live within the MSG local coverage area, you live in a zip code where we are not able to deliver it to you. I’m sorry for any inconvenience.

We’re in the process of expanding our HD offerings and, as we gain more capability to broaden the coverage of the territory, we will do so and expect to continue expansion of these HD offerings throughout 2007.

We expect to have some HD games added to the NHL Center Ice schedule beginning in mid October but the schedule is still being determined. From mid-October to mid-December, we will be ramping up our HD Center Ice offerings, building towards our goal of providing up to 12 HD games per week on Center Ice by mid-December.

We’ll be updating the NHL Center Ice schedule as soon as we have more information so check back with us at directv.com/nhl.

We've got good news for hockey fans: we are planning to launch the NHL Network later this month! Details are still being finalized so stay tuned to directv.com for the latest news about hockey coverage on DIRECTV. As far as being in HD, that has not been discussed yet.

Again thank you for writing. If you have any further questions please reply to this email or call us at 1-800-531-5000 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Mark R. U5924
DIRECTV Customer Service

Thank you for writing. I am glad to hear you are interested in MSG, NHL Center Ice and the NHL Network. I will be happy to answer your questions.

While we do carry MSG in HD in certain parts of their coverage area, we cannot provide MSG in HD to you because our HD satellite “spot beam” doesn’t quite reach your area.

Some background:
We deliver MSG’s HD feed to the coverage area using the same technology we use to deliver local channels to the Buffalo NY area. This technology is known as a satellite spot beam and it covers the areas immediately around the city like a spotlight. In zip codes near the outer edges of a "spot beam," we aren't able to offer local channels or MSG in HD because there is a possibility that another satellite spot beam will overlap and cause interference. As a result, even though you do live within the MSG local coverage area, you live in a zip code where we are not able to deliver it to you. I’m sorry for any inconvenience.

We’re in the process of expanding our HD offerings and, as we gain more capability to broaden the coverage of the territory, we will do so and expect to continue expansion of these HD offerings throughout 2007.

We expect to have some HD games added to the NHL Center Ice schedule beginning in mid October but the schedule is still being determined. From mid-October to mid-December, we will be ramping up our HD Center Ice offerings, building towards our goal of providing up to 12 HD games per week on Center Ice by mid-December.

We’ll be updating the NHL Center Ice schedule as soon as we have more information so check back with us at directv.com/nhl.

We've got good news for hockey fans: we are planning to launch the NHL Network later this month! Details are still being finalized so stay tuned to directv.com for the latest news about hockey coverage on DIRECTV. As far as being in HD, that has not been discussed yet.

Again thank you for writing. If you have any further questions please reply to this email or call us at 1-800-531-5000 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Mark R. U5924
DIRECTV Customer Service
......what about zip code 06410?

i cant check zip codes that is what i got back from directv send them a email

direct tv has sabres blue jakeckts in hd on ch 94 friday night. This is promising news. This could finally mean they got the msg broadcast rights to the sabres hd homes games from msg. Unless they are picking up the columbus hd feed if there is one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts