MSNBC hd coming to Dish June 29

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Scott put on his twitter page that MSNBC hd is coming June 29 (yes. this year).

He also said that channel 101 will going hd. Not exactly sure what will be shown on 101. Probably similar to Direct's channel 101 that shows a variety of hd programming.

I really hope that ESPNU hd gets here before this college football season.

Last edited:
That's good as it completes the news channels in HD, err... Bloomberg is still in SD but otherwise the news lineup is about complete. :)

With 101 in HD, I wonder if the Charlie Chat's and tech forums will finally be in HD?

Thanks for posting for us non-twitters.

Scott put on his twitter page that MSNBC hd is coming June 29 (yes. this year).

He also said that channel 101 will going hd. Not exactly sure what will be shown on 101. Probably similar to Direct's channel 100 that shows a variety of hd programming.

I really hope that ESPNU hd gets here before this college football season.
Directv's channel is the 101
DIRECTV - The 101
Next we will be hearing how dish's 101 is ripping off directv's 101:)

I got this email:

DISH Network(R) Introduces New National HD Channels
--Leads All TV Service Providers with More Than 140 National HD Channels

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., May 8, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- Today, DISH Network(R) introduces the high definition feeds of: FX, SPEED, Fashion TV (FTV), Logo and MavTV, fortifying its HD superiority and bringing its total national HD count to more than 140 channels. DISH Network also announced that it will now host the complete 24-hour feed of The N on DISH Network Ch. 181, its new permanent location. Additionally, DISH Network will launch MSNBC HD in June.

"No one has more HD than DISH Network," said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. "We're delivering the best HD service, and when you add our DVR technology with our affordable pricing, DISH Network is the only choice for consumers looking for the ultimate HD experience."

FX HD and SPEED HD are located in DISH Network's Classic Silver 200 HD programming package and above, available to consumers starting at $22.99 per month for the first six months, along with free installation, a free HD DVR and three months of free premium channels, including HBO and Showtime. FTV HD, Logo and MavTV HD are available in PlatinumHD, an HD add on package available to subscribers for just $10 per month.

FX HD and SPEED HD are located in DISH Network's Classic Silver 200 HD programming package and above...
Once again TurboHD is getting screwed, and Charlie's statement about the $10 price increase in TurboHD being worth it (for all the new HD coming) is still looking like a bold faced lie.

Once again TurboHD is getting screwed, and Charlie's statement about the $10 price increase in TurboHD being worth it (for all the new HD coming) is still looking like a bold faced lie.

This would be another opportunity where the phrase "You got Ergened" would fit quite nicely.

Since MSNBC is currently in the Classic Silver 200 and above, if they follow the pattern of the last few HD additions, I would expect MSNBC to be added to the Classic Silver Plus HD and above packages, but probably not to the Absolute or Turbo HD packages. Lets hope that they change their policies.

Since MSNBC is currently in the Classic Silver 200 and above, if they follow the pattern of the last few HD additions, I would expect MSNBC to be added to the Classic Silver Plus HD and above packages, but probably not to the Absolute or Turbo HD packages. Lets hope that they change their policies.

I think it's highly probable that this will happen. Dish wants everyone on the more costly packages, instead of HD only packages..

I am hoping that they will move MSNBC down to the Bronze level. That way they will have both Fox News and MSNBC in the lower levels. It would make things fair and balanced. Maybe Joe Scarborough could talk Charlie into it. This launch of MSNBC-HD might be the trigger to do this. MSNBC is the only general news channel that is not on all tiers. (CNN, CNN Headline, Fox News, CNBC are on all levels.)

Now with MSNBC HD will CNBC go true HD?

I don't watch CNBC, but if I did I wouldn't want them to change. I think the information they present on the sides and bottom of the screen is more useful than seeing their talking heads in HD....maybe its just me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts