MSNBC hd coming to Dish June 29

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Something tells me there's no way Dish is going to add MSNBC HD to TurboHD... oh, well! Seriously considering moving back to cable - in my area I get almost as much HD as Dish is offering, including channels Dish is screwing us on, for only a little more than Dish wants for Classic+HD. At that point, it becomes voting with my feet since the cost is so little.

One wonders how many subscribers will need to leave to get this point across to Charlie.

I can't wait, but we also have Cox, and the glacial HD add rate of Cox out here (they're upgrading the old Times Mirror systems) is outstanding. We're slated to get HGTV HD soon. We're likely the highest DMA where that channel isn't in HD on the incumbent cable company.

I am waiting for MSNBC HD, but I am confident Cox will be making us wait to 2010. It's almost to the point where I want to pull a Wilson, North Carolina (read about what they did with Time Warner). I would if I could.

Has anybody heard if or when Espnu HD will be lit up on E*

With some of the things I read today at Team Summit, if they want to make a splash and get the Direct Subs kind of riled up a ESPNUHD before they get it would be a great add

This now would leave Headline News or HLN as the last main news channel
that is not yet in HD, funny since CNN was the first news channel to go HD.

I'll be curious how much of MSNBC will be HD upon premier? I'd love to see the basic newcasts in HD, but i'll be curious to see if shows such as Keith Olberman, Chris Mathews and Rachel Maddow are broadcast in HD.

I'll be curious how much of MSNBC will be HD upon premier? I'd love to see the basic newcasts in HD, but i'll be curious to see if shows such as Keith Olberman, Chris Mathews and Rachel Maddow are broadcast in HD.

I read an interview a while back from MSNBC president Phil Griffin that said that when MSNBC goes HD, they will go all the way. Wanting to get everything in HD is one of the reasons listed for being so late to get on board.

I assume the evening news shows at least will be in full HD. Means set redesigns etc.

Should be interesting.

I don't watch CNBC, but if I did I wouldn't want them to change. I think the information they present on the sides and bottom of the screen is more useful than seeing their talking heads in HD....maybe its just me.

I like that, too. When a commercial is on I can divert my attention elsewhere.

I have to say i'm impressed with DISH that they have already committed to the HD feed of MSNBC. It seems tradition that some of the HD feeds arrive months after they've begun, nice to see DISH at the starting line on this one.

Anyone know if they have another satellite schedule to go up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)