Mtv-hd?

pOiNTBLaNK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2004
What ever happen to this??

10/15/03: VOOM LAUNCH PRESS CONFERENCE. At the conference is announced that deals were done with MTV-HD, NFL-HD, Discovery-HD, Showtime-HD, Playboy-HD, & Starz-HD. Charles Dolan announced that VOOM will have exclusive coverage of the Radio City Christmas Spectacular this year. This event will be transmitted in HD (1080i) live from Radio City Music Hall. This event will be the beginning of other events to follow.

pOiNTBLaNK said:
Imagine Beavis & Butthead on HD!! That'll be great!

imagine getting hit in the head with a giant frying pan! Think about it, How often do they play anything decent on that channel? The music sucks, the shows that were good are rarely ever shown anymore, and ones such as Beavis and butthead were 4:3 material, that would look awful cropped! Kind of like Animania.. no thanks.

yeah I didn't know MTV played music either...

Beavis and Butthead were on MTV2 on Fridays but I cant seem to find a next showing.

I just found that
Beavis and Butt-head Do America will be on HBO-HD Tommorrow 5/4 at 5:30PM!!!

Also repeats
5/10 @ 6:30AM
5/14 @ 3PM

RAVE-HD would be better if they had a little bit more selection not the same re-run. I know the entire rotation from start to finish already.

MTV sucks it would be a waste of bandwith to go HD unless it was MTV2 and they probably won't be playing videos on that one much longer.

pOiNTBLaNK said:
RAVE-HD would be better if they had a little bit more selection not the same re-run. I know the entire rotation from start to finish already.

Well, I was afraid of that.

I have only had Voom for 5 days, and tonight I was really impressed with RAVE-HD since they had Counting Crows and Sheryl Crow in concert back to back! Very nice!

Of course, I said to myself, there is no way they can maintain that kind of quality with new material on a regular basis.

Still, I was very impressed with those two concerts being shown back to back like that. That is some quality material in my opinion.

Rob Tomlin said:
Well, I was afraid of that.

I have only had Voom for 5 days, and tonight I was really impressed with RAVE-HD since they had Counting Crows and Sheryl Crow in concert back to back! Very nice!

Of course, I said to myself, there is no way they can maintain that kind of quality with new material on a regular basis.

Still, I was very impressed with those two concerts being shown back to back like that. That is some quality material in my opinion.

except thats all you will see for the rest of this month. :D

Just having MTV in HD wouldnt be worth it. The videos would still be sd. THEY would have to be converted. IT would look just like Espnhd will look with sportscenter in HD showing espn sd clips of the games. Just no point in it.

Having MTV in HD would be great. Not that I would watch it, but think of all the youn 16-21ish year olds with more disposable money then they know what to do with. More HDTVs out there = more reason for other people to produce HD material. If you want HD to take off, you need a ship...I can't think of a better ship then MTV to push HD into the average americans home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)