Multi LNB Bracket - Whats your setup like ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
changing the rules while the ball is in the air:

I think what I'll do is fab a bracket, rig it up as winter allows on my 1.2M , which I'll park on 91W temporarily , and then try to dial in 74W and 105W in the outlying positions .
Earlier in this thread, both you and Jayelem asked about 36" dishes.
Substituting a 1.2m is a whole 'nother ball game.

For a given F/D (often around 0.6 - 0.7), the larger dish will have a longer focal length.
This focuses the birds farther apart, allowing for closer bird watching, or larger LNBFs.
WescoPC even managed to get 2° spacing using ground-down GeoSat MINI LNBFs on the right dish!.

If you jump into the middle of this old AMC 21 thread, you can pick up the discussion about LNB spacing on different dishes.
I give examples, and problems to look out for.

Mine is a work in progress. The prime is aimed at 90 degrees (it gets both ABC News and Trinity Workplace Learning), the one wing LNBF aimed as such to get 97, and the other is supposed to get 83, but is not yet. It gets 97 decent, but not as well as it could.

The assembly is not scientifically designed or assembled. It is simple a wooden board with LNBFs screwed to it with conduit clamps, including the center LNBF that is also attached to the standard dish LNBF mount.
One of these days, I am going to totally rebuild it with steel or aluminum.

Of course, I also have my Shaw Direct dish aimed where it was made for, with its "built in" 4 degree LNBF assembly, plus the DBS LNBF strapped to its side with tie-wraps to get Echostar 7.

Got pictures. Nothing spectacular.

Attachments

• lnbs.jpg
    lnbs.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 188
Here is Mark 2. It is made out of two pieces of flat stock curved (just guessed, seems to work), and bolted together with a spacer between them; a nut a little thicker than 1/4", so the LNBF clamp bolts can easily slide along the inside.

As with the wooden "Mark 1", the LNBFs are fixed to the mount with conduit straps, and the middle LNBF is also attached to the dish stock dish LNBF mount, but in Mark 2, I used 1/4" bolts long enough to reach the clamps through the flat bar. The Middle LNBF is skewed to the satellite it is pointed to, tightened down, then the mount skewed to get its satellites, each wing LNBF fine skewed individually, if need be.

Currently it is set for 97(G19)/89(AMC8)/83(AMC9). I think I finally managed to get all of G19 Ku with it.

To do, is to replace the plastic stock LNBF mount with metal that attaches to the "mark 2" strap mount, and allows it be skewed.

Attachments

• mount2-1.jpg
    mount2-1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 155
  • mount2-2.jpg
    mount2-2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 157
Here is Mark 2. It is made out of two pieces of flat stock curved (just guessed, seems to work), and bolted together with a spacer between them; a nut a little thicker than 1/4", so the LNBF clamp bolts can easily slide along the inside.

As with the wooden "Mark 1", the LNBFs are fixed to the mount with conduit straps, and the middle LNBF is also attached to the dish stock dish LNBF mount, but in Mark 2, I used 1/4" bolts long enough to reach the clamps through the flat bar. The Middle LNBF is skewed to the satellite it is pointed to, tightened down, then the mount skewed to get its satellites, each wing LNBF fine skewed individually, if need be.

Currently it is set for 97(G19)/89(AMC8)/83(AMC9). I think I finally managed to get all of G19 Ku with it.

To do, is to replace the plastic stock LNBF mount with metal that attaches to the "mark 2" strap mount, and allows it be skewed.
I like it! It looks like you should be able to manage the tension so that LNBs don't slip, yet move easily enough when hunting and tweaking. Cool! :cool:

Dish set up

I have 89, 95, & 101 on my Hotdish90, using a bracket made from 3/4" aluminum 8" long with 89 and 101 being spaced at 3.5" each side of center for the 6 degrees. I put 97 on a second 90 cm dish I already had. On a 85 cm, I have 119, (for the 3 free channels) and 123. Did have 129 here also, but not now since White Springs went away. Just waiting to see where they land when they come back after re-organization.

Iceberg, what is the maximum spacing that you have seen on a 90 cm dish? Do you think they can go 14 degrees? I have seen some brackets that said they were good to 12 degrees. later. El_Viejo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts