multi room distribute? possible

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jldesign

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
good day all -

a move into the wilderness has left me with no line of sight to get d@shnetwork anymore (I have lots of trees I will not remove) anyway I can get directTV because of the angle is much higher so I will be switching.

I currently have the vip622 where I can watch/record 2 different shows one in HD one in SD. it allows you to control the unit from 2 rooms and each room can watch anything recorded. THIS IS WHAT I want to be able to do with direct TV?

also what we want is to redistribute throughout the rest of a house like the vip could?

thanks for any help in my research or options you'd suggest. will the high end HD DVR record 2 shows at once if I want?

jld

good day all -

a move into the wilderness has left me with no line of sight to get d@shnetwork anymore (I have lots of trees I will not remove) anyway I can get directTV because of the angle is much higher so I will be switching.

I currently have the vip622 where I can watch/record 2 different shows one in HD one in SD. it allows you to control the unit from 2 rooms and each room can watch anything recorded. THIS IS WHAT I want to be able to do with direct TV?

also what we want is to redistribute throughout the rest of a house like the vip could?

thanks for any help in my research or options you'd suggest. will the high end HD DVR record 2 shows at once if I want?

jld

You''need multiple receivers and the HD DVR can record 2 shows at once

Directv doesn't have the capability that dish has on their receivers to watch 2 seperate shows on 2 tvs on the same receiver.

darn I thought not - is there a way to output the AV to a AV BOX or VCR from a dish receive and send the single back the line to a splitter where all the lines terminate then to the other sets? (via a diplexer)

I know it is a hack hillbilly idea BUT could I not send the single via a diplexer back from the HD main line to the original location then to all the other sets with a splitter? I know they will not have control of the receiver and the strength might come into play but again they are all SD older sets anyway?

thanks for any other replies
jason

You can do much the same thing with D* that DISH does with their dual tuner receivers. You need to purchase a stand alone UHF modulator and connect the composite output of the receiver to it. Set the moudlated output to ch 60 and distribute it to the rest of the house just like a DISH dual tuner except the same program is on all TVs. Directv really makes it easier by putting a receiver at the TV so you can use the Coax output, or the composite or the "S" video output giving the best possible picture quality at the TV.

if ur going to distribute from the hd dvr, you are going to need a third line going to that room from your distrbution box/splitter. a rf modulator is all u really need to make it happen.

yes a box at all 5 sets would be great BUT at a monthly cost. I was looking for a cheap way to get a signal to each set.

recommend a good modulator you guy mentioned? at a b@estb or city box type store?

BTW ordered my service today ;-) installed via a pole on sunday hoooraw!

Channel Plus,Cable Electronics Inc.. (CE Labs) are both good. You can do a googgle for modulators and find a variety. I can say I like CE Labs and Wal Mart uses them for their HDTV distribution systems in stores.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)