Multi room viewing question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Maui

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Oregon
I have a DVR network setup and I'd like to be able view recorded programs on my other receivers. A little background info. I have four receivers set up, three of which are HD receivers. The media room has the DVR. I have one set up out in my shop, about 50 feet from the house with it's own dish. The shop receiver is an HD-21 without DVR. I have a wireless high speed network which works great in the shop. I'd like to have the ability to watch recorded programs in the shop. Is this possible?

Another question. Can I set up a USB external drive to my HD-21 and record?

I did a search and couldn't find anything. Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere here. All replies greatly appreciated.

I have a DVR network setup and I'd like to be able view recorded programs on my other receivers. A little background info. I have four receivers set up, three of which are HD receivers. The media room has the DVR. I have one set up out in my shop, about 50 feet from the house with it's own dish. The shop receiver is an HD-21 without DVR. I have a wireless high speed network which works great in the shop. I'd like to have the ability to watch recorded programs in the shop. Is this possible?

You want to check out the CE forum. That is all I will say about this part.

Another question. Can I set up a USB external drive to my HD-21 and record?

The Directv HR series receivers only takes a drive with a esata connection.

What is the USB port for any way? It isn't even mentioned in the manual.

Maui, sounds like you are having the same issue that I have.

I have been a Dish customer for a long time and recently switched to DirecTV. I only switched because the sales guys told me that DTV could support the DVR functionality on all sets (just like Dish can) without extra expense. They cannot do it without having a DVR on each set vs. Dish who can. I am VERY ANGRY with Directv because of the bait and switch but they won't let me out of the contract. I am going to flame them as much as I can even though it won't do much good... oh well

Maui, sounds like you are having the same issue that I have.

I have been a Dish customer for a long time and recently switched to DirecTV. I only switched because the sales guys told me that DTV could support the DVR functionality on all sets (just like Dish can) without extra expense. They cannot do it without having a DVR on each set vs. Dish who can. I am VERY ANGRY with Directv because of the bait and switch but they won't let me out of the contract. I am going to flame them as much as I can even though it won't do much good... oh well

Sorry but Dish can't fully do this also. You can have one DVR for two sets but that is it. If you have more than two TV's it doesn't work either. Just wait and Direct will have a much better solution that what Dish has. It is in the works and is pretty darn cool.

But he'd still have to buy another STB for D* on TV2 where he doesn't with E*. But the big advantage is that D* will do HD vs. E* stuck with SD.

A solution to this is coming this year. You can test it out by checking the CE forum here. You'll need one HD DVR and the rest non-DVR HD receivers for now.

FYI, the H20's won't be able to do this since they don't have an ethernet connection on them.

FYI, the H20's won't be able to do this since they don't have an ethernet connection on them.

True. Not all HD receivers will do it. I think we're getting to the point though that this needs to be discussed in the CE forum.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)