Multi-room viewing?

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
So what are the odds E* will ever have a software update to allow 612's or 722's to stream shows between each other?

Slim to none. Check out the info on the XiP receiver expected sometime in the future. That will be the Dish response to multi-room viewing.

I would also say never. Not designed for it. New receivers will/may be. And that technology cost money, why put into all receviers when a good portion don't want it or need it, yet would have to pay for it. Better to be a technology into receivers they will most certainly charge more for, to those who want it.

Well... I don't think it would cost much to enhance the EHD concept to store instead to a NAS rather than a singular attached USB drive. This would allow for a form of MRV.

Technically, seems that would be true, but practically, I guess I'm not convinced. One thing leads to another and then you are spending more than just using a different receiver designed for it. I admit, I certainly don't know for sure.

Simply put the XiP series with the XiP 813 SUPPOSEDLY available by the fall is the whole home DVR solution, not the ViP's. The XiP is far too different than the ViP and the Sling Extender, which have limitations by comparison. The XiP concept is all tuners on a network (3 per box), and easy addition of another XiP for integration of 3 MORE tuners and another box for 3 more tuners, and the clients in the other rooms all with FULL capabilities and none of the current limitations that all the DVR whole home solutions offered by any other MVPD have, along with USB OTA antenna integration to add OTA channels to the network, as well. This is supposed to be a full TV1 (even PIP) all HD experience in all rooms with absolutely no features or capabilities lost in the other rooms.

The XiP is FAR too different an architecture from the ViP's. However, the ViP's do have the ability to Sling (stream) for a an HD in another room experience (the Sling Extender almost ready for release according to Scott). We shall see how far AFTER the intended release date the XiP is really offered.

Lets see we have met the year deadline this month on the sling extender being released...NOT! So they still haven't released it from promised date of last July. So lets say by next fall 2012, we will see the Xip whole house dvr being released ,since they predict this fall for the release date. Most likely by December of 2012 when the world is supposed to end .;)

Lets see we have met the year deadline this month on the sling extender being released...NOT! So they still haven't released it from promised date of last July. So lets say by next fall 2012, we will see the Xip whole house dvr being released ,since they predict this fall for the release date. Most likely by December of 2012 when the world is supposed to end .;)

Unfortunately, that sounds about right. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)