Multi- Room

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

suvayanr

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
When i had directv installed, they only installed in one room. I would like to expand to another room. Does anyone know what the cheapest option is? my house is prewired, so it's just a matter of getting a receiver and hooking it up. should i do it through directv, or will there be a fee for an additional room? How would i get a second access card to insert into my new receiver?

You should get up to 4 room/rec free and only pay a monthly $5 for each after the first one. Since you want them now, ie not all 4 the first time, you'd have to pay for shipping. My bro went through all of that.

but if a bought my own receiver, would i be able to avoid the $5 charge, or is that charge for the access card?

Ordering through D*:
They could charge you 69.99 for the receiver, 19.95 shipping and a 50 dollar new customer upgrade fee (after install but before 6 months). It is hit and miss, see what you a rep can do for you.

As for buying a used reciever:
You will still pay 5 bucks a month. If the receiver needs a new card, you will need to pay a 20 dollar card fee.

I would try to get d* to install it. Your house may be prewired, but if there is a cable splitter in the line, it will do you no good.

Ok, so since i'm going to need a new card, directv will start charging me $5 per month. plus the cost of the card.

THANKS EVERYBODY FOR THEIR HELP!!!:):cool::D:hungry::eureka:tux:

It doesn't matter where you get the additional receiver, DirecTV will charge the $5 as a mirroring fee. If you get a receiver from DirecTV, the access card will come with it. You only need to buy a card if you get a used receiver from somewhere.

I thought the first 4 rec's were free, ie no $70. For 5th one you have to pay though

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)