Multi Sports Package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sports Pak also gives you the NBA and NHL channels.

NHL channel picks up the TSN game of the week (at least it did last year) which is not blacked out unless your home team is playing. Plus they pick up college, some AHL and major international tourneys.

I think NBA channel is similar but don't quote me on it.

I always order Sports Pak for indoor lax Jan-Apr, which now really just is Colorado Mammoth games. It was carrying Arena Football but the league looks like it's folding. You also get MLL lax from Denver. All of these are not blacked out.

Not sure about MSL soccer.

The NHL Network picked up the Hockey Night in Canada Programing on Saturday Nights. The TSN and Rogers Sportnets games require the NHLCI Package.

This is false.

It doesn't need to be one of your RSNs you only need to be in Cubs territory. Here in Northern Indiana my RSNs are CSN Chicago and Fox Midwest.This gives me the Cubs and Soxes but, by subbing to the sports pack I also get Tigers (FS Detroit) and Reds (FS Cinn) games.

Check an MLB blackout map to determine if you're in anyone elses territory.

Well something is screwed up then, because I'm in Southwest Michigan, my Dish account online shows my RSN's as FS Detroit and Comcast Chicago. Every Cubs game on CC has been blacked out for me. So what's wrong on my end? I dont currently have the Sports pack, but if adding it will get me the Cubs games on CC (in HD) as well as some others, I'll do it!

*edit* ok, so I just found the blackout map, and Michigan as a whole is FS Detroit only. So it would seem I might need to move?

Well something is screwed up then, because I'm in Southwest Michigan, my Dish account online shows my RSN's as FS Detroit and Comcast Chicago. Every Cubs game on CC has been blacked out for me. So what's wrong on my end? I dont currently have the Sports pack, but if adding it will get me the Cubs games on CC (in HD) as well as some others, I'll do it!

*edit* ok, so I just found the blackout map, and Michigan as a whole is FS Detroit only. So it would seem I might need to move?

Look at the map again and figure out someplace in northern Indiana to move to (at least that's what I'd do if I were you). You'll then get the Tigers, Reds, White Sox, and Cubs. You'll have to do a little exploring to see what it would do to hockey and basketball - I'd assume it would be the Blackhawks and Bulls but when I moved to Cincinatti, I got the Blues instead of the Blue Jackets (which I found really confusing). I know it isn't DISH, but I usually just check the zip code for regional sports blackouts on the DirecTV site. It has always worked out the same for me in the past. And, regardless of the carrier, I'd think the blackouts for professional sports would be the same (in regards to the territories that can / can not see the game).

Moving to South Bend IN will get you the Blackhawks and Bulls.

I just tried Fremont, IN right by OH and MI. They list the Blues also, that just doesn't seem right.

Ugh, anyplace I move outside of Michigan results in a loss of the Red Wings and FS Detroit. Guess Pistons too, but im not a huge NBA fan. Suppose I could move back and forth between hockey/basketball season, and baseball season (and miss April-June baseball). Might not be a bad solution.

SEC football?

A few posts in this thread say that college FB is available on the RSNs. I've heard before that SEC games are usually blacked out. I live in PA -- if a SEC game is being broadcast on sportsouth or some other RSN, will I be able to watch it?

Ken

I believe many college football games are blacked out because they are covered by the ESPN GamePlan subscription.

Sports that don't have a similar package (ie, college hockey) are not blacked out on the multi-sport pack.

Ugh, anyplace I move outside of Michigan results in a loss of the Red Wings and FS Detroit. Guess Pistons too, but im not a huge NBA fan. Suppose I could move back and forth between hockey/basketball season, and baseball season (and miss April-June baseball). Might not be a bad solution.

You could move to Toledo and keep the Red Wings and Pistons. Of course, you'd then only get the Reds and Indians (the Indians aren't mentioned on the DirecTV website but are on the blackout map for that area) instead of the Cubs and White Sox. You'd also get the Blue Jackets and Cavs.

Moving to South Bend IN will get you the Blackhawks and Bulls.

I just tried Fremont, IN right by OH and MI. They list the Blues also, that just doesn't seem right.

I remember trying one night and a lot of places in eastern Ohio had the Penguins rather than the Blue Jackets. I thought it was extremely bizarre.

Im moving to oklahoma city very soon an i heard i can get rangers, astros, royals, an cardinals games without the multi sport pack is this true??

With at least the AT200, you'll get them but some of those teams will be on the alternate networks on the channels ranging from 444 - 455 (depending on which RSN's you get in that area). I think the Royals are always on one of the alternate feeds. It's sort of like the Brewers - DISH doesn't carry a full-time feed of FSN Wisconsin so they show the game on one of the alternate networks. Good luck.

So, does the NBA operate like the MLB does with teams on the RSNs?

The NBA does have blackouts, if that is what you mean. The details of the blackout rules might not be exactly the same.

Without blackouts, they could not sell NBA League Pass, MLB Extra Innings, NHL Center Ice, or NFL Sunday Ticket, because you could just get Multi-Sports for $5.99 per month and have all four ! :D

PS NBA starts again a few days before the end of October.

Multi-sport gets me FSN North and the Twins. I would get the Royals and White Sox without it, but they are not my team. With the sports pak I also get the cardinals when I want. I know there are lots of areas that don't get multiple teams in their home dma, but for some of us, the multi-sport package is well worth it.

Without blackouts, they could not sell NBA League Pass, MLB Extra Innings, NHL Center Ice, or NFL Sunday Ticket, because you could just get Multi-Sports for $5.99 per month and have all four ! :D

NFL ST isnt on the RSN's ;)
I dont know of any regular season NFL game on the RSN's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)