Status
Please reply by conversation.

VewDew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
Northern California
hello all,

recently my wife and I purchased a new home which is due to be finished being built in December. I am scheduled to go in and select all my upgrades, some of these will be additional coax outlets. I remember reading that the switch I have now will not work with the AT9 dish and an antenna in (for local hd). I have at this point planned on 2 coax to my hd-dvr and I want to know if I should have an additional line ran for my aerial or if there is a switch compatible with the at9 dish (which I will be installing at the new house) so that those 2 lines are all that is needed.

geez, I hope someone understands that jumble.

Thanks.

Install the extra coax for the local antenna. The newer dish uses a frequency range that overlaps with OTA signals so you can't use a diplexer. Plus using a seperate cable for OTA will give you the best picture quality since it won't have to share the wire. Since you are building a home putting in an extra cable or two shouldn't cost that much more, if anything.

If I was building a home I would put four coax connections at every location where you might want a TV and run all the cables to a central location so you have more options what to use with those cables after the home is finished.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)