multi switch questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

VewDew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
Northern California
hello all,

recently my wife and I purchased a new home which is due to be finished being built in December. I am scheduled to go in and select all my upgrades, some of these will be additional coax outlets. I remember reading that the switch I have now will not work with the AT9 dish and an antenna in (for local hd). I have at this point planned on 2 coax to my hd-dvr and I want to know if I should have an additional line ran for my aerial or if there is a switch compatible with the at9 dish (which I will be installing at the new house) so that those 2 lines are all that is needed.

geez, I hope someone understands that jumble.

Thanks.

Install the extra coax for the local antenna. The newer dish uses a frequency range that overlaps with OTA signals so you can't use a diplexer. Plus using a seperate cable for OTA will give you the best picture quality since it won't have to share the wire. Since you are building a home putting in an extra cable or two shouldn't cost that much more, if anything.

If I was building a home I would put four coax connections at every location where you might want a TV and run all the cables to a central location so you have more options what to use with those cables after the home is finished.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)