multiple receiver question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

perkunas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2014
Ontario Canada
I got a motorized KU band dish, and I'm thinking about the best way to add another receiver.
I could run a wire from one receiver to the other, but this would loose motor control
I guess I need a multiswitch and a duel lnb would that work, so both receivers can move the motor.
I appreciate any help.

Hello perkunas...I see this all the time what you are trying to do...What is your current setup?...Entire setup!
Really hard to help unless we know all this!.

90" offset dish, single standard ku band lnb, motor running Usals, 90 foot run. S9 Hd box
I want to add another box maybe 70 feet away from the dish.

Best, and recommended, way is in the post here. (although it doesn't show a motor) http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/134124-Switch-setups-simplified?p=1344314#post1344314 But the motor would go between the multiswitch and one receiver. Yeah, can only control the motor with one.

The other way is the all port power passing splitter that Magic outlined. if both are ON at the same time, whichever receiver is on a horizontal transponder, will essentially take control. Both for polarity and motor control. Also if the other is on vertical it will loose signal. needed power passing splitter.

That wouldn't happen with the multiswitch. Needed: 1 multiswitch and 1 dual output LNBF.
There are multiswitches for 2, 4, or 8 receivers available. (future expansion?)

Here's a picture of my setup.

Attachments

• SatDiagram.jpg
    SatDiagram.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 101
The "power passing splitter"makes more sense, as you can use ether receiver to control the motor.
Just cant really, use both same time, I will have to live with that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)