Multiple Remote 40.0 on same H3 receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gasman882001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Houston, Tx
Currently have 2 remotes paired with my H3 Hopper. One is a 40.0 and one is 52.0. Is there a way to add a second 40.0 for a total of 3 remotes on the same H3 Hopper? Tried last night but the "pairing" button on the remote would not start the pairing process.

thanks!

Currently have 2 remotes paired with my H3 Hopper. One is a 40.0 and one is 52.0. Is there a way to add a second 40.0 for a total of 3 remotes on the same H3 Hopper? Tried last night but the "pairing" button on the remote would not start the pairing process.

thanks!

I do not know why that shouldn't work.

Was sealed in the package ordered. Will try again but pairing button did not work the first time so was wondering.

is there a way to factory reset the remote? May be the issue.
There is no factory reset procedure for the remote.
Try this method to Unpair 40.0 Remote Control:
1. Press and hold the SAT mode button until all mode buttons light up
2. Press and hold RECALL and 0 at the same time for 3 seconds
3. Press SEARCH
4. Press VOL +
5. Press STOP
If successful, you will hear three descending tones.

Reactions: JSheridan
Pairing button? Simply go to the diagnostic screen, Menu Menu with a working remote and press Sat on the 40 remote.
I keep an old 1.5 remote laying around for precisely this purpose. It has a Sys Info button. Only one button press to get the diagnostic screen, instead of multiple presses with newer remotes. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)