Multiple Satellites

OTA is over the air (i.e. antenna). I have an antenna on the roof for my locals and it feeds in that connection. If you have a 722k you will probably need to buy the OTA module (you can get from Dish or dishstore.net (link above DISHSTORE.NET : ATSC OTA Tuner Cartridge for 922, 722k / 222k Receivers (Reman) [722k_OTA] - $34.99 )).

It will let you watch/record 2 over the air stations at the same time. If you have the OTA setup you can actually record 4 things at once. 2 satellite channels and 2 OTA channels. If you get 129 and locals OTA at the same time you could for example record all 4 networks at the same time (FOX/NBC/ABC/CBS). It does add a lot of flexibility. There is an OTA forum on this board that you can look at too. It of course depends how well you can receive OTA signals in your area.

I enthusiastically agree with Mike's suggestion for going OTA on your 722k. Not only will you receive better PQ, you will be able to receive (and record) all the subchannels you don't get on Dish, as well as main channels in HD (if any) that are not currently carried by Dish in HD.

got satellite pointed 252degrees 22elevation no skew. Will this work? It's a dish 500 dish
Without a more specific location, that sounds pretty close for 129W.

If all you need to do is swing your Dish500, then you could almost certainly use a proper Western Arc dish and be done with it.

The Dish was a dish 500. When the upgrade was done, a single Dish Pro LNB was put on it to get sat 110. My zip code is 23962. I want to know if i can point right at 252 with an elevation of 22 degrees, no skew and aquire signal. I have it where I think it should be and i'm not getting anything.

The Dish was a dish 500. When the upgrade was done, a single Dish Pro LNB was put on it to get sat 110. My zip code is 23962. I want to know if i can point right at 252 with an elevation of 22 degrees, no skew and aquire signal. I have it where I think it should be and i'm not getting anything.
Are you using a conventional compass or a declination corrected compass of some sort. The azimuth number given is relative to magnetic north as opposed to true north.

Once you get it to where you think it should be, you need to slowly sweep out an arc starting as much as 10 degrees either side of where you think it should be.

Of course at the point that the slot is dialed in, it is a good idea to run a check switch.

No luck finding 129W. Have checked multiple websites to verify the elevation and azimuth (22.7 elevation and 252 using compass) and had my brother helping me today. We have moved it slowly and can't get a signal. When we go through the check switch test, we can find satellite 110 but if we move it to where 129 should be, can't get a signal at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Matt, if you're on here, can I PM my telephone number to you to see if there's something with my account at Dish? My wife stayed on phone with them 2 hours last night.

tolate, I didn't see it mentioned, but most receivers have to have the switch matrix cleared. To do this, unhook the satellite input coax from the back of the receiver, run a switch test and save. Then, reattach the coax, go to point dish screen with 129, then aim the dish, aquire 129 sat, peak, run check switch, save.

Last edited:
If you're truly getting 110 using your current EL, then the EL is too high for 129.
I have to reiterate the above statement.
It's an indisputable fact that, if you're getting 110 with you current settings, then you are too high in elevation for 129, using a D500. 129 is 19° further west, and lower in elevation from 110, from south central VA. Just for fun, I'd lower the elevation a bit.

edit - not using an "I" adapter may make a difference.

Last edited:
Yes the mast is plumb but I can check to make sure again. The dish I'm using was a dish 500. When the upgrade was done he took off the dual lnb and installed a dish pro single. This dish is being used to find one satellite. When I find 110 it's at one location on the house. When I look for 129 it's at a different location on the house. 33 elevation for 110 and 22.7 for 129.

Now for the install that was done for the upgrade. It's a 722k duo. Coming out of the back of the reciever from satellite input 1 and 2 are 2 wires connecting to a sperator. From the separator a short wire connects to the satellite input of a STVC splitter and a home distribution in the other part of the splitter. A wire leaves the stvc splitter and goes to a central place in the basement.

It's a 100.4 satellite dish on the eastern arc. Dual rg6 runs to the central location in the basement and one of the wires from satellite dish 100.4 connects to the satellite input of a stvc splitter. A rg6 cable coming from the bedroom connects to the tv/antenna input of that stvc (tv2). Then the wire from the reciever connects to the input of that. The other cable from satellite dish 100.4 runs on and out of the western side of the house to connect to the satellite dish that gets 110. It has a single dish pro lnb on it and is the satellite I am tring to get 129 on.

As dahenny suggested, it is important to distinguish whether the LNB on the original Y bracket or an I bracket. If it is on a Y bracket, we need to know which side. One would assume the westerly side, but it doesn't have to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)