Multiple Satellites

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hey thanks for the replies. The lnb is on the western side of a y bracket. I found the satellite last night. The compass reading is more like 158 or 160. With the lnb on the west side seems it would have been less. I got a signal of about 65 or so but because of the azimuth being more than 252 I may have another tree problem when leave come. I used no skew and the elevation was 22.7.

If you're pointing SSE from Virginia and seeing 129W, you've got a vortex in your yard. :yikes

In the attached image, the green line represents the approximate direction of 129W from your area and the red line is approximately where you claim to have pointed the dish. I would have expected that it would need to be pointed a 4-5 degrees more towards the west (from the green line) given the offset of the mounting arrangement.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 74
I am using the right side of what used to be a dual lnb on a dish500 system. If I found 129W and I'm getting a signal and getting my locals in HD, then I'm not pointing SSE.

dahenny on your post no. 36-- I confirmed what I was doing on post no. 38. On post no. 41- 158 or 160 was a error and should have been 258 or 260. If you would have read on you would have seen I said azimuth was 252. Also I post my whole install so all would understand what I was trying to do. Your Quotes were from a lack of reading all post.

Yep, here at satelliteguys, we have a very small time window available to go back and edit our posts, which has been a crock for a lot of us. I was just pointing out why harshness posted about SSE. No offence intended, but it was kinda funny. If you were offended my comments, I hope you'll accept my apology.

I am using the right side of what used to be a dual lnb on a dish500 system. If I found 129W and I'm getting a signal and getting my locals in HD, then I'm not pointing SSE.

You can get an I adpater since you're using it for only one sat.

"I - Adapter for DISH500. Converts your DISH500 to a Single Dish solution to receive one satellite. Simply remove the y-bracket and replace with I - Adapter."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts