Multiple sources connect to 922 recorded content.

exp1orer

Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
One question I have not been able to find an answer for even though it seems like a lot of people would want to know....

How many devices can access recorded tv on the 922 at once?

I've read that if you access it you can only see what is either recording at the time on tv2 or recorded tv. But, can my son log in from his computer and watch recorded tv while the wife is watching tv1 while I am on my droid watching recorded tv?

I did a chat with a Dish Rep but I'm not convinced he knew what he was talking about.
Here is the transcript...

John

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Thank you for being a valued Dish Network customer. I will be happy to assist you today.
John Sheffield: you there?
(24DrDep)c3 Chris O.P91: Thank you for your patience. My name is Chris, Operator ID P91. How can I assist you today?
John Sheffield: I had a question about the 922. how many devices can log on to it at one time? can a computer and a phone connect at the same time?
(24DrDep)c3 Chris O.P91: Yes, as long as both are logged into the account.
John Sheffield: how many can total? 4 computers? all watching different things?
(24DrDep)c3 Chris O.P91: That is correct.
John Sheffield: ok that is what I needed to know.
John Sheffield: thanks
(24DrDep)c3 Chris O.P91: You're welcome.
(24DrDep)c3 Chris O.P91: You're welcome. Thank you for chatting with Tier 2 Technical Support with Dish Network. Have a great night. Bye.

You can only connect 1 device at a time (not including TV1).

So if you have 5 PC's, 5 droids, and 5 of those sling extenders that aren't out yet. You can only connect with 1 of the 15 at a time.

oh yeah. You can connect a bunch of devices at a time if all you're doing is setting recordings and stuff. That's because all the devices are connected to Dish's server not the 922. But as far as watching video - only 1 device.

Last edited:

HELP - Dish Network signal/support issue

No HD for Evansville locals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)