Multisat dish w/5LB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lolhank

Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
I have a DTV MultiSattelite Dish with a 3LNB. I bought a Direct TV AU9 5 in 1 lnb and installed it on this dish. I cannot pick up 99a or 103b, just 101. Does this LNB work with this dish or do I need a SlimLine Dish?
Thanks for any help

It will work. You just need to use the setting for a Slimline. It takes some extra TLC to point it. You will be able to pick up 101,99,and 103 just fine. 110 and 119 will be a bear to get anything at all. Since most don't really need them anymore anyway it no big deal. I found it works best with a Slimline 3lnb , but it will work with a 5lnb as well. You may or may not have to bend out ( just slightly ) the bottom of the dish arm to allow the new LNB to fit into the arm.

Is this possible / will this work? - DBSTalk.Com

Experimental Small Slimline3 Dish - DBSTalk.Com

I do have the 3LNB from the multisat not the slimline and was not able to pick up 99 or 103, I can get 101 very easily and 110 with a little effort. I am using the settings for the slimline w/ 5lnb. Also the I currently have the 5lnb on it and same problem, only 101 or 110, do you know if the 5 lnb has to be 23 1/2" from the multisat dish or will the 18" I have now work?
Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:
The phase 3 dish works. It's the small one that says multi sat on the front of it. Like this. 18 Inch x 20 Inch Triple LNB DIRECTV Multi-Satellite Dish Antenna (OD1820-BX) | KT1820BXLNB [DIRECTV] | Phase 3 Phase III 3-LNB 3-LNBF triple-lnb dish directv hd compatible directv dish 1820dish 1820 dish 18x20 18 x 20 dish KT1820BXLNB OD1820BX The LNB that comes with that one will not work. This one works. DIRECTV SL3 SlimLine Four Out Ka/Ku Slim Line LNB (SL3) | SL-3 [DIRECTV Slim Line] | sl3 sl-3 s-l3 slim line slimline slim-line directv direc tv direct zipper Triple lnb lnbs ka/ku ka ku Even though it looks like there is only one lnb, there are three, this one will not see 110 or 119 at all. The 5lnb also works. You would also need to have your Broad Band Converters connected to see 103 and 99. You also have to make sure that the mast is dead plumb and level. Fractions of an inch make a world of difference when adjusting elevation and azimuth. I have done about 5 of these in total using both the three lnb and the five lnb. The only change I have had to make was to bend out the bottom of the dish arm very slightly to allow the screw holes in the lnb to line up with the screw holes in the dish arm.

That is the exact dish I am using and did not have a problem with getting the 5 lnb mounted to the arm. I was wondering if the arm length had anything to do with it, I will double check the level/plum of the mast, but I don know what you mean by having my Broad Band Converters connected. I'll do a tread search on that, thanks for the help!

No, the arm length does not seem to be a factor. The broad band converter (BBCs) are the little gray or black boxes that connect to the back of the receiver. They come with H20 and H21 receivers as well as with HR20, 21, and 22 DVRs. And I think, but am not sure of the r22 The 23 series does not need them as they are built in.

I have a couple of H20's, I guess I need the BBC's, do I need one per reciever? or can I run it inline before I split the signal?
Thanks

I have 2 lines running into the house, one goes directly to a reciever, the other I split and am running 2 recivers, all of them have been working fine with the h-20's and 1 old RCA, I just want to recieve my locals on at least one of them, I know that HD will come in as well but I dont have HD TV's...yet

I have 2 lines running into the house, one goes directly to a reciever, the other I split and am running 2 recivers, all of them have been working fine with the h-20's and 1 old RCA, I just want to recieve my locals on at least one of them, I know that HD will come in as well but I dont have HD TV's...yet

This cannot be working. You can't split non-SWM runs from a switch or dish. If you have honestly never seen any problems you are very lucky that on that split run every time both TVs are on they are requesting the same satellite/polarity.

I honestly have never had a problem but now that you mention it, I have never had the 2 tvs on at the same time, one is just in a spare bedroom, but the other one on the split works fine all the time

I honestly have never had a problem but now that you mention it, I have never had the 2 tvs on at the same time, one is just in a spare bedroom, but the other one on the split works fine all the time

Turn them both on and put them on different channels, or better yet put one on something like CNN and on the other run a signal check. You'll notice that you'll be missing either all the even or all the odd transponders (or, your TV watching CNN will lose signal)

As Joseph says, this will not work correctly. That's why I asked what you meant by spiting the signal. You need each line to be a homerun, as well as having BBCs connected to the H20s.

Thanks for all your help, I just got a B-Band convertor and as soon as I installed it, all my sats were up and running. Its nice to have forums like this to get help from. Thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)