Multiswitch 4x4

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am not sure if it will work, but for any chance you will need a LNB with two outputs (Dual LNB) (or a band stacking LNB) because it has 13V (Vertical) and 18V (Horizontal) ports and you will also need a receiver that supports band stacking. :(

EDIT - I hope one of the switch experts will add their thoughts :)

Sure, a 4 x 4 will work. You will need two standard (not universal) dual-output LNBFs... The Invacom Quad also works well with these. There isn't any stacking necessary, although (theoretically) you could use single output stacked LNBs as well (if the 4 x 4 could handle the higher frequency range). These switches use the old style 13v/18v polarity switching, which is why you'll otherwise need dual output LNBFs. They are basically two 2 x 4's combined with a 22k switch to select between 2 LNBs.

As for the Primestar "beer can" LNBs with the separate H and V outputs, all you need for those is a 2 x 4 multiswitch. Connect the 13V input on the switch to the V output on the LNB, and the 18V input on the switch to the H output on the LNB. You can then drive up to four receivers with that one LNB :) Or, you can use the 4 x 4, connect the '22k off' 13v and 18v inputs to the Primestar LNB as described above, and connect another dish with a dual output LNB to the '22k on' 13v and 18v inputs...

The only difference between the Primestar LNB with separate H and V outputs and any regular dual output LNB is that, on the Primestar LNB, the H and V outputs are fixed. On a regular dual output LNB, each output can be either H or V. This is why you have to be sure to connect the V output of the Primestar LNB specifically to the 13v input on the switch (V=13v) and the H output of the Primestar LNB to the 18v input on the switch (H=18v).

Last edited:
Thank you, Tron for this info! I've been doing FTA for a year now and this is the first time I come across the 4x4 multiswitch issue. I want the best FTA has to offer and I want to find the best way to recieve them. While researching on the SEARCH feature of this great site, I saw a picture of Iceberg's setup of switches that included a Channel Master multiswitch.
Iceberg, if you are using a switch like mine, would you let me know how it is working in your setup?

A lot of my switch diagrams arent being used now but what a 4x4 does is allows you to use 2 LNB's to go to 4 boxes.

I use to have the LNB from my C-Band setup and a LNB from G10 hooked into that. This allowed me to use run 4 boxes with only one switch :) One side is 22k off and one is 22k on.

You can use diseqc switches too but it would need to go receiver----diseqc----multiswitch---LNB's

The advantage of a 4x4 multiswitch is you don't need a bunch of diseqc switches if you want to run 2 LNB's to multiple boxes. I know people use them on Invacom quad LNB's too :)

Great! Thank you so much, Iceberg!
Later on, when the warm weather comes in, I will set up the FTA system the way I really want to set it up. My house building and working crazy hours at work kept me busy lately.

Thank you, Tron for this info! I've been doing FTA for a year now and this is the first time I come across the 4x4 multiswitch issue. I want the best FTA has to offer and I want to find the best way to recieve them. While researching on the SEARCH feature of this great site, I saw a picture of Iceberg's setup of switches that included a Channel Master multiswitch.

I'm sure you'll find a great use for this switch. I like this type of switch more than the DiSEqC switches because they are usually of better quality than the typical $5 - $10 DiSEqC switch :)

I'm sure you'll find a great use for this switch. I like this type of switch more than the DiSEqC switches because they are usually of better quality than the typical $5 - $10 DiSEqC switch :)

agreed :)

PLus there is so much more you can do with that switch

The best thing of that multiswitch is you can hook multiple LNB's to multiple receivers with only one switch

output to up to 4 receivers
could have really 1-4 LNB's hooked into it

examples (again having 4 recievers output)
-1 dual LNB in (22k side not used)
-2 dual LNB's (one on 0k one on 22k)
-3 LNB's...you could mix the V side of one LNB and the H side of another LNB mixed together. I use to have the V side of 123, the H side of 103C Band and both outputs of the 99C Band into the 22k side.
-4 LNB's...need stacked LNB's but it can be done.

Thank you, Iceberg!
Lately I came up with an idea of using Microsoft Word to keep up with all the threads relating to what I get from this site. Like your and Tron's suggestions on the 4X4 switch, I highlight what I wanted to put into the Word, copy it, and then paste it to the Word. Then send it to My Documents and/or run it to my printer.
That's how I learn about FTA.
I guess you could say, like a scrap book on FTA.
Hope yall don't mind.

The best thing of that multiswitch is you can hook multiple LNB's to multiple receivers with only one switch

output to up to 4 receivers
could have really 1-4 LNB's hooked into it

-4 LNB's...need stacked LNB's but it can be done.

I was thinking of that possibility as well. Has this been tried? In theory, it should work, as long as the switch can pass 2.1 Ghz...

I was thinking of that possibility as well.
Has this been tried?
In theory, it should work, as long as the switch can pass 2.1 Ghz...
I think JerryT explained it in this thread.
Once I understood, I drew a couple of pictures to make it more clear.
Sounded good to me. :) Go talk to Jerry.

yeah it works. I did it once with 3 stacked LNB's just to see if it would switch and it worked flawlessly

Status
Please reply by conversation.