Multiswitch needed? (how many lines off the AT9)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Proc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
Motown
I am thinking of getting the HR20 when the OTA is activated. I currently have an H20. I have 3 lines running into the house from the dish. 2 go to the SD Tivo in the basement and one goes to the H20. I have a fourth line run into a D10 in the garage.

If I get the HR20, I'll need another line run.

So, with that in mind, my question is: Can I run a 5th line off the AT9? Or do I need a multiswitch inside the house so I can get the extra line to the HR20?

You will need a 6*8 multiswitch (WB68) with the 4 lines coming from the AT9....than output 5-8 to where ever you want

Thanks urnote96. I thought that would be the case.

Where to buy the WB68 multiswitch?

Yes, if you need a WB68 and they are doing the install, DIRECTV will provide the necessary switches for free....

If a HSP TECH tells you that you need to pay them for the switch get someone on the PHONE ASAP

If you are doing the install, PM me and I can send you one for $45 bucks.

I've already got the AT9 (paired up with an H20). I was going to buy the HR20 at Best Buy when they get it back in (same price as D* $299, D* isnt' budging any lower) and install it myself. I figure its just the matter of putting in a multiswitch and running another line off it to my living room. But, if D* will provide the multiswitch free, then I'll let them do it when the time comes.

No deal?

How long have you been a D* subscriber Proc? They won't budge off the $299?

Call retention (800-824-9081), be nice, and they should at least discount you a minimum of $120 in $20 increments on your bill to take away some of the pain. They gave me a $250 instant credit, plus the $20 a month for 6 mos. (the cost of the HR-20 at Best Buy was $399 at the time). Funny thing is, I then got my HR-20 from Best Buy, and they cut the price to $299, so I came out ahead. I want to run 7 lines into my house (have 4 now, long story short, my wife refuses to give up her two Directv w/Tivo SD units, so I get the HR-20 all to myself). D* said no problem, and the guy is coming tomorrow to install the multiswitch and add three more lines (one more to a two-tuner SD Tivo and one to an H20 in the bedroom, and one more to the HR-20 in the living room, where we also have a SD Tivo with two tuners).

I would keep trying with D* Be sure to be nice, and your length as a customer should help. I've read that they are discounting the HR-20s to $19.95 with a two-year commitment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts