multiswitch question

neo0285

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
I need a good multi switch that works with voom. I know i can order it online, i was wondering if maybe best buy or circuit city offer something that works so i could get it right away instead of waiting for delivery. thanx guys.

neo0285 said:
I need a good multi switch that works with voom. I know i can order it online, i was wondering if maybe best buy or circuit city offer something that works so i could get it right away instead of waiting for delivery. thanx guys.

I don't think you can get one from there. If you have voom and more then 2 rec. it should have come with a multi-switch? And the multi-switch would depend on what antenna you were using also.

i did get a multi-switch and its bad, and its a couple days before they can come out, so i wanted to see if i could fix it myself. I got the regular voom dish and stealth, but i am receiving the polarity problem with my system and i narrowed it down the MS, because if i just connect 1 receiver with a regular diplexer, it works like a charm

neo0285 said:
i did get a multi-switch and its bad, and its a couple days before they can come out, so i wanted to see if i could fix it myself. I got the regular voom dish and stealth, but i am receiving the polarity problem with my system and i narrowed it down the MS, because if i just connect 1 receiver with a regular diplexer, it works like a charm

will both receivers work at the same time without the switch

neo0285 said:
should i connect the sat to the 13 volt or the 18 volt?
Both! There should be two connections between the multiswitch and the LNB.

Manual switch

I have a Samsung DLP with 1 DVI output, and 2 units feeding it: Voom Box and a Bravo D2 DVD player. After being stunned at the price of switch boxes, I decided to do the switching manually. To do this, I purchased a DVI gender changer and connected it to the DVI cable coming from the TV. When I watch TV, I connect the Voom box cable; when I watch DVDs, I connect the Bravo. Not an elegant solution, but one that works just fine. (Now if I could only prevent the Bravo remote from turning off my Pioneer receiver ....)

Ilya said:
Both! There should be two connections between the multiswitch and the LNB.
Thanx ilya for the help! what sucks though is my insatller didnt do it right, i had climb upon my roof and connect a second cable, so much for a professional installation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)