multiswitches with at9 dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hulon

Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
guys i have a up coming job for a customer who wants the at9 dish to supply service to eight dtv dual tuners ird what multiswitch do i use:)

Zinwell Wide-band 6 x 8 for Ka/Ku Dish Antenna
Part #: WB 68

This is the only switch that I know is approved.

Al

but i need sixteen outputs and i dont think you can casacade a wb 68 help please

The WB68 isn't cascadeable but what you can do is run all 4 lines from the AT9 into 4 wide-band power-passing splitters (5-3000 Mhz, or something like that) then run those 8 lines into the 8 in ports on 2 WB68's then run the 16 out ports from the WB68 into the IRD's.

Spaun was supposed to have its new AT9 compatible switches out last month, but as of a recent search, it looks like they are delayed.

I am waiting on a powered 4x16 myself.

For the splitters, they need to have one port power passing only. You can find them on ebay pretty cheap.

charper1 said:
Will either of these work?

I have the Solidsignal ones and they work fine splitting a Phase III feed to 2 Terk BMS-58's.

The problem I could see is I am not sure how far down the Ka feed is. It may go lower than 900 Mhz in which case they probably would not work. I know you can't diplex so there is a good chance it is putting some of the KA frequency below 900 Mhz.

That's what I figured.

So I will probably wait for a couple of things. One is a Spaun 4x16 powered switch. I just think a powered switch will work better with my long runs.

Also, I will wait to see if the new slimline dish will mount on a 1 5/8" pole vs. the 2" pole for the AT9.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts