multiswitches with at9 dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hulon

Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
guys i have a up coming job for a customer who wants the at9 dish to supply service to eight dtv dual tuners ird what multiswitch do i use:)

Zinwell Wide-band 6 x 8 for Ka/Ku Dish Antenna
Part #: WB 68

This is the only switch that I know is approved.

Al

but i need sixteen outputs and i dont think you can casacade a wb 68 help please

The WB68 isn't cascadeable but what you can do is run all 4 lines from the AT9 into 4 wide-band power-passing splitters (5-3000 Mhz, or something like that) then run those 8 lines into the 8 in ports on 2 WB68's then run the 16 out ports from the WB68 into the IRD's.

Spaun was supposed to have its new AT9 compatible switches out last month, but as of a recent search, it looks like they are delayed.

I am waiting on a powered 4x16 myself.

For the splitters, they need to have one port power passing only. You can find them on ebay pretty cheap.

charper1 said:
Will either of these work?

I have the Solidsignal ones and they work fine splitting a Phase III feed to 2 Terk BMS-58's.

The problem I could see is I am not sure how far down the Ka feed is. It may go lower than 900 Mhz in which case they probably would not work. I know you can't diplex so there is a good chance it is putting some of the KA frequency below 900 Mhz.

That's what I figured.

So I will probably wait for a couple of things. One is a Spaun 4x16 powered switch. I just think a powered switch will work better with my long runs.

Also, I will wait to see if the new slimline dish will mount on a 1 5/8" pole vs. the 2" pole for the AT9.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)