music Choice on G14 125w

wildbill47

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
northern California
I purchased a ibravebox V8 to play with for $25 new and after loading the latest firmware it really receives ACM Music Choice on 4140 TP 22. Audio is good but has video problems on MC. Can be used as a low cost music receiver and works good with my 8 ft "C" band dish. I am able to receive other FTA unscrambled HD channels good too.You need to upgrade the receiver by USB flash drive as WIFI from their server is bad. USA satellite map needs to be loaded too.

iBRAVEBOX V8HD_20180912.bin needed.

Reactions: truckracer
Good to know. I bought a iBravebox F10S a couple years ago with the hope it would get MC but even though it was promoted as doing ACM/VCM, it could not. I ended up getting a X2 M1HD+ to do the job.

The F10s model also struggled with bad firmware that would flicker the LNB power on and off, resulting in pixelation and "no signal" messages.

I am not promoting any products only telling what works unfortunately there is some junk coming out of China in fact it is like the wild west. I have found another product that maps and receives Music Choice Ibravebox F10 plus. The down side is it has a AV jack but no cable is supplied or can be ordered from sellers. I found a cable in my junk box that worked. Tip video, rings left and right audio and bottom ground. Has some error problems on low signal Mpeg2 and 4 video probably because it is power vu compatible. We really like MC and have the receiver dedicated to it.

Titanium I was unable to pm you so I want to say there are only a few receivers that get ACM and VCM transmissions and in helping others give this information freely. The GEOSAT PRO is one but the cost is over $100 and I have 2 the reason is power connector is bad by design. Have had to send one in for replacement. I think if someone wants MC for $30 that is a good deal as it is unscrambled ACM.

Reactions: Titanium
I have purchased several FTA receivers because of their low price and found that they do not perform as advertised. In fact the ones that are advertised as hack receivers will not work for that function. I do not advocate decoding scrambled services without payment. We spend a lot of hours on PBS and commercial free radio. It is neat to get CREATE TV as it is not shown in our area. I am amazed at the free stuff on satellite.So if you have a bud and want to receive MC a receiver for this service is affordable now..

We don't promote these STBs, because they automatically enable theft of service without the user doing anything but simply watching TV. Many users have unknowingly received encrypted programming and even shared their "FTA" channel finds on this and other forums. :(

Reactions: KE4EST
Titanium there is a problem in that few fta receiver manufactures support ACM. To make hack receivers get scrambled channels need a key. I think in this area most consumers have direct and dish. For most the bud and fta is dead. Need to go Wednesday night is PBS for us love their satellite feeds.

It seemed to disappear around the beginning of the month. I don't know if it's still on satellite (C or ku) or not.

Well we might have some good news on music choice. The HQ Health HD supposedly to share a Transponder with music choice right now it is on 3760 19886 H on 125, Today when scanned they are showed HQ on both 4148 13750 V 125 and 3760. Hopefully music choice will be add on this TP as well.

Reactions: c-spand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)