Must call to ADD programming ?? Then bait and switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zim2dive

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Cary, NC
Tried to "activate" a Starz + Showtime special ($13.99) shown under my account (website) .. popup says you can't do it online (even tho it is shown online).. to call to get the offer.

a) why would they have you call and waste your time and their agent's time vs. the ease of doing over the web?

b) on the phone they said I wasn't eligible for the offer which the website plainly showed me and told me to call to get

so I asked for a supervisor and waited an additional 6 minutes on hold... when my phone indicated I'd been on the call for 17 minutes, I hung up and ordered thru Amazon instead ($8.99/month for Starz which is what we really wanted, but was willing to do the combo for 3 months since it added no cost)

Not sure how AT&T thinks they will keep customers with service like this.

Tried to "activate" a Starz + Showtime special ($13.99) shown under my account (website) .. popup says you can't do it online (even tho it is shown online).. to call to get the offer.

a) why would they have you call and waste your time and their agent's time vs. the ease of doing over the web?

b) on the phone they said I wasn't eligible for the offer which the website plainly showed me and told me to call to get

so I asked for a supervisor and waited an additional 6 minutes on hold... when my phone indicated I'd been on the call for 17 minutes, I hung up and ordered thru Amazon instead ($8.99/month for Starz which is what we really wanted, but was willing to do the combo for 3 months since it added no cost)

Not sure how AT&T thinks they will keep customers with service like this.
There was a similar HBO/Cinemax deal out awhile back that was not available either, thru calling or online.

There was a similar HBO/Cinemax deal out awhile back that was not available either, thru calling or online.
Yep, I tryed to get it......Didnt work, so i walk away.....No fan of games.

Same thing here. I wanted to add HBO/Cinemax and had to call. Customer service said the promotion wasn't available for me. Tried to offer me the super duper HD Extra package. No, thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)