Must replace HD DVR defective must i renew for two more tears

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
Seems like one of my hd23-700 has issues a handfull of channels are out but fine on my other three boxes.
example style, reelz.
Did re authorize via web reset and all that , had this issue two weeks ago re autho work then but not now.

Ok the question and I hope i have this wrong I am out of contract right now, I do not have the hardware insurance so question if Direct has to replace this box am I correct they will make me renew for two more years once the replacement is put on account?

I hope i have that wrong and maybe it is when you add a box to the account a not when you replace a defective one?

thanks

what is your dish/switch setup; have your tested out the other pieces? maybe it's not actually the receiver. Swap another known working receiver to where the HR23 is and see if the problem follows the receiver or stays at the same location.

trido said:
Seems like one of my hd23-700 has issues a handfull of channels are out but fine on my other three boxes.
example style, reelz.
Did re authorize via web reset and all that , had this issue two weeks ago re autho work then but not now.

Ok the question and I hope i have this wrong I am out of contract right now, I do not have the hardware insurance so question if Direct has to replace this box am I correct they will make me renew for two more years once the replacement is put on account?

I hope i have that wrong and maybe it is when you add a box to the account a not when you replace a defective one?

thanks

It could be that the dish is out of alignment. If the other 3 boxes are SD then that's why you're not seeing them effected where as the HR23 is pulling 3-5 birds instead of one. What the signal strength look like? Also, if the box IS deemed defective then no, it won't renew your contract.

Strange update so i took box missing those ch hooked in a dif room all fine all ch on.took a dif box to room where what i thought was defective box all fine.all fine all boxes have all channel for now.

Strange

so far so good.. BUT can you still post your signal strengths across all SAT's? maybe you had a bad connection somewhere?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)