MVR two h24s can't play hr24 in tandem? Just confirm and I'll stop crying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pomona

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 30, 2004
MRV two h24s can't play hr24 in tandem? Just confirm and I'll stop crying.

I guess I thought as long as the dvr wasn't playing a show, that two h24 receivers in the whole home dvr set up could each play a diffrent show at the same time, but the installer said only one h24 could play the list at a time + the hr24.

Is this correct?

Also, should I be able to get the "on demand" menu on the h24s ? Installer also said no. That it has to be "recorded" from the hr24 to view from play list. Which I can understand with no Harddrive on the rcvrs, but I thought I would be able to at least select an item to record to the hr24 from the h24s.

I just want to make sure, cause the installer originaly didn't have the deca connected right to the powersupply. (he was using a swm power supply with the non powered output going into the deca.)

Also, no TVAPPS...the installer didn't even know what I was talking about.

He got a deer in the headlight look when I started talking to him about routers, ip addresses and the need to open ports. :confused:

sorry I tipped him $20 bucks before I checked his work.(but he did get me the hr24 after I asked him for one - he only had an hr20 - he called his boss up to go get it and dropped it off while he was setting everything else up. He said that his boss didn't like the fact that I asked for the hr24, but did it anyway. :up) - and he did come back last evening to tell me no, no & no. :(

Last edited:
DVRs can only serve one program at a time to one client via MRV.

You can schedule recording from satellite channels via your H24s, but not On Demand.

TV Apps should work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)