My 18" dish farm report.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
Well I put up a 18" dish farm this weekend. As if I had nothing else to do. I am now shooting 82W, 91W (Bell vu) 110W and 119W Dish network.

These are my findings
82 was kinda boring
91 has some intersting stuff. CBC radio along with some of the other radio stations.

At 110 W you have the Little Rock Ar stations and 119 W has a ton of music.

A far amount of work to test my new switch BUT all the ports work find.

Check below for the channels.......

http://www.lyngsat.com/echo8.html

I get these channels using my Standard KU LNBF (11250 L.O.), worth doing a Power Scan see what you get, this "trick" does not work in all parts of the country but it works here in the Twin Cities : ) Otherwise a DBS LNB will work.

ken2400 said:
Well I put up a 18" dish farm this weekend. As if I had nothing else to do. I am now shooting 82W, 91W (Bell vu) 110W and 119W Dish network.

I've got the same thing...but only 2 dishes
82/91/95 on a DirecPC
110/119/123 on a 30"
These are my findings
82 was kinda boring
91 has some intersting stuff. CBC radio along with some of the other radio stations.

At 110 W you have the Little Rock Ar stations and 119 W has a ton of music.

A far amount of work to test my new switch BUT all the ports work find.
glad it worked out!

I was working this weekend on getting 61.5 & 148 (when it was -5 out..what the heck was I thinking) and here's what I found out on those

61.5 has 580 (Int'l preview)
148 has 580 (Int'l preview) and 2 channels that are the same as Dish 101

If you can post pictures, do it :)

PSB said:
I get these channels using my Standard KU LNBF (11250 L.O.), worth doing a Power Scan see what you get, this "trick" does not work in all parts of the country but it works here in the Twin Cities : ) Otherwise a DBS LNB will work.
CBS, NBC, & PBS...Nice! I couldn't get these here (100 miles south of St. Louis) using my Sky Vista Standard LNB. But I did a quick switch to a Circular one just to see if I could. Yup, I need these channels for sure!

I will have to get the camera out Iceberg. When I first went for 82W I ended up on 61.5 I too only found on preview channel. Thanks for the info on 148W. I wonder what 157W would have?

I want to try all the DTV birds next. I believe I received one channel off one at 110W. A preview of some sort but it was something.

Iceberg said:
I've got the same thing...but only 2 dishes
82/91/95 on a DirecPC
110/119/123 on a 30"

glad it worked out!

I was working this weekend on getting 61.5 & 148 (when it was -5 out..what the heck was I thinking) and here's what I found out on those

61.5 has 580 (Int'l preview)
148 has 580 (Int'l preview) and 2 channels that are the same as Dish 101

If you can post pictures, do it :)

157 has nothing...its mirrors of some channels (no previews) so Dish can keep there license there.
I might have to try it...its a 10 degree angle though
DTV stuff is a different encryiption, so there is no free channels there :(

148 was a 16 degree angle here in MN...but it worked. Too bad there wasn't anything of interest

Iceberg said:
DTV stuff is a different encryiption, so there is no free channels there :(

With the right equipment, it's possible to get some of the music channels from D*.

A Twinhan 1020A PCI card and the TSReader software are required.

A picture of the farm. Need to move to two dishs to save room tho.

Attachments

• 18dishfarm2.JPG
    18dishfarm2.JPG
    258.4 KB · Views: 265
Lets see if I remember this right. The two in the middle are the first ones up put up to see what I could receive off the Bell birds so
from left to right.

DN 110W
Bell 91W
Bell 82W
DN 119W

Oh ya I have the P* dish kinda pointed at G10R 123W. I did not get it tuned in yet.

I will be changing this once I get my homemade Dish 500 dishes working. I am running out of hidden room on the porch. If you have more than one dish up people just wonder.

Iceberg said:
ken
which dish is aimed where?

im lucky in that my neighbors cant see my dishs, nor would they care if they did. one of the nice things bout living in the middle of nowhere......iceberg, are you running your dishes into dual diseqc switches with a 22 khz tone switch? and if so, are any of them motorized?

dish mounts?

ken2400 can I ask what system you used to mount the dishes in your farm?
I have to mount my dish on a patio as well and would like to make something like this.

Ken, I just picked up a PrimeStar dish recently.. I think you said you have a few of them.. Could you post a pic of your PrimeStar setup as well? Do you have it motorized? I am looking to do that and would like to see how someone did it.

No motor yet. I do have one med size P* dish on a wood pallet. I will have to re-point it now that we are having a heat wave where I live. They say 28 F tomorrow.

CbandLover said:
Ken, I just picked up a PrimeStar dish recently.. I think you said you have a few of them.. Could you post a pic of your PrimeStar setup as well? Do you have it motorized? I am looking to do that and would like to see how someone did it.

Attachments

• Primedish.JPG
    Primedish.JPG
    322.1 KB · Views: 212
Thanks for the pic, Ken. Do you have any plans to upgrade the lnb with a P120 mount like the Invacom? And what size dish is the one you have shown, 74 or 85e (I may have that reversed) ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)