My 3D Videos on You Tube

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Hey Satelliteguys- I'm having fun shooting and editing 3D Videos just for fun and publishing my projects on You Tube.

YouTube - ?DonLandis's Channel?‏

YouTube has a ton of 3D content and all you'll need is a 3D monitor connected to your computer or what I use is a pair of cyan/red alaglyph glasses. You can order these on Amazon and have them in a day or two for as little as $2.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...&field-keywords=3d+glasses&sprefix=3d+glasses

I'm shooting with a Sony Bloggie 3D pocket size camera and a Sony HDR TD10.

All I'm doing is home movie vacation stuff, nothing commercial.

I'm editing in Vegas Pro V 10d and it sure has been a challenge. For consumer editing and shooting there sure have been lots of bugs and hardware challenges to get around with this cutting edge technology.

Last edited:
I just completed my first full movie production length 3D program. Wish I could up-load that for you all but the file size would be over 20Gb. The You Tube Lion King is the final part of that longer program and in the edited version it is, well, edited. The YouTube in unedited right from the camcorder.

I am really having fun with this HDR TD10. Editing with Vegas 10d is full of buggy surprises but it basically works to produce a full HD3D quality BluRay.

Don, your 3D videos look AMAZING on the Evo 3D. Especially the Animal Kingdom Tour. I showed one of the wieners at work who is unfortunate enough to own an iPhone 4 the first 30 secs of that video in 3D, and as I watched her eyes light up I asked ‘So can your iPhone do this?’ The only think more fun than flaming iPhone users on the internet is doing it in real life, when you watch their facial expression as they come to realize how inferior their fruit phone actually is, but don’t have the pride to admit it.

Good job with the video Don, I plan on showing it to everyone I know with a fruit phone.

I Have a better one just done. How does your phone display 3D, side by side? Here is a link off my website that I put there to make sure people would see it NOT in anaglyph as the colors get ruined. This is a Windows Media file in side by side.

http://www.tv-shopper.com/3DTEST/Epcot.wmv This is just the preview of the full BluRay version that is an hour long and includes a laser, water, fireworks light show at the end. Unfortunately, that part isn't as impressive in 3D.

Oh, and thanks for the complement on the video.

"Fruitphone" ROFLMAO! Can't wait to use that on my daughter who loves her "Fruitphone"

Dan it looks amazing on my mobile even though I do not have the 3D glasses. The colors in the dark scenes do not suffer. When I get home I will look in my pc.

I’m not sure how the phone displays 3D, it just does. :) Well at least for YouTube and Green Hornet and self-created 3D content. For some reason the HTC Watch app won’t convert your SBS WMV into 3D, when I try to play it with 3D mode enabled in the software it continues to play as if it was 2D and I get the two images side by side

Grrrr....

Yesterday I was having trouble uploading another video to my YT channel and it aborted during the processing part for the 4th time.

This morning I decided to check the latest attempt and find all my videos and all the comments, number of views etc are all gone! I need to figure out what the heck happened and why I can't upload without it being aborted. Did YT take the holiday off? I don't see this happening at other sites.

Just an update--

I rebuilt my channel and put the videos back up. All the older links in this thread are now obsolete.

The channel is under my name DonLandis if you are searching.
or, use this link:

YouTube - ?DonLandis's Channel?‏

I have some new 3D productions too-

Victoria Gardens to Voices of Liberty

Jacksonville, FL July Fourth Fireworks show.

I also have two more 3D productions now in edit so stay tuned.

Steve Mehs-

Finally got a chance to play with the EVO 3G and it played all my 3D YouTube videos fine, the first time. When I tried to replay the videos I got a popup that this video cannot be played. Any idea why that happened?

I also wanted to say that while the first run the 3D played OK ( have to put phone horizontal to get 3D) the over all PQ was not as good as I expected. The Z depth was really crushed and the subjects all looked like flat cutouts.

Another friend got an LG Optimus and he claims the video is far superior but I have not seen it myself. I was considering getting one ( EVO 3D ) as a portable 3D player screen but the quality was not to my liking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)