my 622 is becoming useless

majohnson77

Original poster
Aug 25, 2007
just started having random reboots about every 30-45 minutes. I know the satelite connection isn't the issue because I have a 211 in another room that has never had an issue.

I called the help desk and they claimed that since i can always get my reception back after a reboot, there really isn't a problem.

any thoughts?

Call again and have that receiver replaced. It's not acceptable to have a receiver reboot every 30-45 minutes.

Where is this receiver located? DVR receivers tend to overheat so I hope you don't have it in an enclosed location.

Call again and have that receiver replaced. It's not acceptable to have a receiver reboot every 30-45 minutes.

Where is this receiver located? DVR receivers tend to overheat so I hope you don't have it in an enclosed location.

located on a glass TV table out in the open. overheating is definitely not a risk.

Thanks for the response.

Hmm, check the temps just in case. It is in the diognostics screen. I know you say it is out in the open, but sounds like a heat releated issue to me as well. Any chance that your heat just came on for the season and there is a vent blowing directly on the box?

Hmm, check the temps just in case. It is in the diognostics screen. I know you say it is out in the open, but sounds like a heat releated issue to me as well. Any chance that your heat just came on for the season and there is a vent blowing directly on the box?
It would be nice to know the temps but isn't that a little beside the point that a CSR blew the OP off when the DVR is definitely NG?

It would be nice to know the temps but isn't that a little beside the point that a CSR blew the OP off when the DVR is definitely NG?

I'm not disagreeing with you that it was wrong that the CSR blew off the OP. I was just trying to help to see if that might be the problem, jeeze.

I'm not disagreeing with you that it was wrong that the CSR blew off the OP. I was just trying to help to see if that might be the problem, jeeze.
Sorry if I came off too curt. I was just upset at what I thought was move to excuse Dish and blame the customer.

Charlie's flunkies are giving me fits just now.

Again, I'm sorry.

Charlies Flunkies are there to help the customer at the lowest cost possible to Dish.

This is why the game of CSR Roulette exsits. Sometimes you need to play to win.

Groan. Thought if it wasn't so painfully true I'd laugh.
Silly me! I have no idea what I was thinking. Dish Network has some of the best customer support people working today, especially a guy named Matt that works in the CEO email office.

Dish: They stand by their customers.

My 622 was doing that Saturday, everytime I put it on a certain OTA channel. It stopped Sunday. Leads me to believe it was garbage in the OTA signal stream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts