my 622 is getting louder and louder

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cloudy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
Zimmerman, MN
I've always been able to hear the Hard drive running in my 622. Even when it's off. But it has always been very faint.
But yesterday I noticed it was a bit louder. Like the hard drive was "clicking". Maybe off balance or something.
Now today it's louder than I am willing to accept.
Now it's as loud as an XBOX 360. Any of you who own one know what I mean. But it's more of a clicking sound than it is a Hummm.
Has anybody else had this problem? And if so, what should I do about it?
Obviously my next move is to call Dish and hope they will send me out a new one.
I was just hoping somebody could give me a heads up on what to expect.
And a quick question. I have an External Hard drive. If I get a new 622, will it be able to sink up properly with everything stored on the external????
Thanks in advance for any info.

By the way, I've had my 622 for about 18 months.
the hard drive is bad, the rcvr needs to be replaced, and yes the ext hard drive will connect with the new 622. heres a reminder this new rcvr you get will be the second rcvr your external hard drive has been hooked up to. when you hook it up to a third different rcvr it will be formated again. lets hope you dont have any probs with the new one.

Yup. That's what I figured. Thanks for the response.
I sure hope they send me a good second rcvr. I've got about 70 HDmovies on my ext.
Oh well, even losing all those movies, would be better than having to crank up the sound to avoid the clicking/humming.
Thanks again.

If you move all content from the EHD to the new receiver, it resets the move counter because the EHD is empty.

Well, now I feel kind of bad.
I did call them, and told them about the noise, and they are sending a new one out to me. But about 2 days later (after watching and removing several shows), the sound went away.
I called them back and told them to cancel my replacement. But they said they couldn't because once they get out a return number, it's then in the hands of UPS. I told them that it sounds fine now. Their response was. Well, once it starts making noise, you're better off to replace it regardless, because you never know if something else might be wrong with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)