My 622 self install and Customer Service

downriver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Horse Creek, CA
This morning I upgraded from the 942 to a 622, It was a piece of cake thanks to the "first look" 622 thread.

The problems began when I called to activate.

Me: I wish to activate a receiver and make some programming changes.
CSR: Very good what do you see on the screen
Me: I'm in the menu, system ID
CSR: Change to 109
Me: WHY
CSR: So we can activate your receiver
Me: okay I'm in 109
CSR: go to the menu and press these numbers
Me: Okay now I 'm back to the system ID

So we get the thing activated.

Me: Okay I wish to change my old HD and Voom to the new HD pack
CSR: alright that will take a few minutes
CSR: We need to send an installer out, he'll come Tuesday
Me: What???
CSR: as you are in Oregon we want to change the dish out because of reception issues
Me: Great
CSR; You will get your HD programming after the installer comes out
Me: Please go ahead and turn on the programming.
CSR: We can't do that
Me: Why? I've had a substandard signal for the past two years and it did not seem to bother you.
CSR: Sorry you'll have to wait until Tuesday

Okay so I call back Tech support and they cancel the service call and turn on the HD.

Hopefully I can reschedule the new dish installation, to be continued. All in all it went fairly well, the big news being that they seem to finally see the need to improve on the d1000 for PNW subscribers.

Last edited:
They did the same thing to me! I already had a 942 so I told them to go ahead and make all the changes I asked for but they said it would happen when the install was completed. I went ahead with the install because I wanted my two dishes repointed and it's too cold outside for me to do it!

Completed today!

I should have waited till they came out and installed new dishes also, but I guess I am just to darn impatient and hedonistic to wait. Plus Dish use contractors in this area and my experience with them has been, how shall I say it, ABYSMAL.

My original Dish 1000 install took 5 attempts before they could gain a working signal. The sad part is after each install they left hastily saying everything was OK. They sent folks out here without aiming devices or even ladders! Some of the folks they sent out you would not want in your home.

Well we shall see if Charlie and company are sincere. Here in a week or two when I have the time to take off a few hours I will try and reschedule.