my 722 has been installed

gpollock87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
first off i should have gotten one a long time ago, can't believe what all i can do with it, been browsing through dish cinema and there are alot of free movies that i will be watching. only thing is i wish there was a way to find a certain movie but i don't think there is a way unless i do not see it.

Glad that everything's working out. Believe me, once you start using it to record the shows you watch, you'll be wondering how you were living without one during all this time.

Here's a feature I only found out about recently and I've had a 722 for 5 or 6 years. Press the DVR button 3 times. You will see a list of all the timers. You can see which are scheduled to record or skip. If you hilight s timer amd press info you change a timer to restore or skip. If you select the Timer box, you will see a list of all timers for that program. Then select Options and you can modify that timer.

Here's a feature I only found out about recently and I've had a 722 for 5 or 6 years. Press the DVR button 3 times. You will see a list of all the timers. You can see which are scheduled to record or skip. If you hilight s timer amd press info you change a timer to restore or skip. If you select the Timer box, you will see a list of all timers for that program. Then select Options and you can modify that timer.

you can also get this if you press the DVR button twice and then select schedule...

Welcome to the world of DVR's... My wife controls the 622, the 722, and a 211K with EHD. I mess with the 922. My son has one of the 211's with EHD.... The other 211 is in my office since I do a lot of work from home.

And don't forget you can also go *backwards* in that list .. to see that a timer *did* fire correctly ... and do info on any one of them that didn't fire to see why. Its also one of the ways to find out why an event is in there several times with short snippets recorded (my issue with recording HDCP enabled PPV's was that way... so I could see each time, the STB <the receiver> rebooted itself).

And to our OP .. and of course the fun you can now have with choosing a channel from Dish Remote Access.. and telling the receiver to start watching that show now .... without being in the room.. :) practical joke time..

And it would be nice if they offered the web interface they use that allows us to do that ... to use with VOD.

Congrats. The VIPs are awesome units. You will enjoy it more and more the longer you have it. :) Have a 722 and 722K here.

you can also get this if you press the DVR button twice and then select schedule...

Also MENU - 7 .

I suggest you go ahead and get an EHD.

You'll be amazed how fast you fill it up.

Yeah I love my EHDs I've filled up several drives I had lying around that would have otherwise collected dust (I upgrade my PC a lot, and put old drives in an external enclosure to hook to my ViP722ks.) Also bought another 2TB worth of drives going to fill them up :D .

I just upgraded from a 625 to a ViP722k myself. Don't know what possessed me to use a standard def receiver on an HDTV for the past 4 months. I had mentioned in a previous post that trees are blocking me from getting the local channels. I got the OTA module delivered the same day I got the 722k receiver, now I can record programming even from Retro/TuffTV affiliate WLEP-LD, which Dish doesn't carry on the local package here anyway.