my almost death computer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

petrix

Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
hey everyone,
I've got a CPU that has a thousand an one viruses...i'm still in the lower class about computer(you know what i mean:D) and this is why i joined your club...can anyone gimme a hand:eureka:confused::confused:..plazeeezzzz:eek:. Hit me at email address removed.
Thanks,
Petrix

Last edited by a moderator:
umm, what operating system?

but honestly, at a thousand and one virus'......, it is time to back up your personal data, format, and reinstall from a clean source.

In the imediate time take it to a shop and spend the money to get it done, for the long term take some classes at your local community college on computer basics and go from there.

Can a mod remove his email so he doesnt get spammed by the spammers that visit the site?

The last thing I'm going to do is click on an email link for someone who claims to have a thousand and one viruses.

thanks

thanks for the info, but you got any particular source you think would be the best:)????

umm, what operating system?

but honestly, at a thousand and one virus'......, it is time to back up your personal data, format, and reinstall from a clean source.

First, take time to back up your personal and important info. If you don't have a method of doing this, find a local computer shop or chain store like CC or BBY and have them back your stuff up. Remember it's not cheap, but you know they will get it for you (if you tell them where to look).

Hopefully, you purchased the computer from a retailer. If so, your computer will have a method of returning it to the state it came originally. Old computers came with a kit of CDs, newer units have a special function like hitting F10 on startup, a DVD or a hidded option in the Control Panel.

Look in the information that came with your computer for the word Restore.

If you don't have these options, call the manufacturer with the Model and Serial numbers handy to order the restore kit.

Good luck, and try Avast or Kaspersky. They're some of the better antivirus / antimalware brands out there.

thanks for the info, but you got any particular source you think would be the best:)????

as beteau980 said... if you bought the computer from a reputable dealer, you should have some kind of restore/repair cds. Just backup all of your documents, pictures, ect onto an external drive, cd, floppy, whatever... insert restore cd and follow the prompts.

thanks a lot

thanks, i appreciate your information.:)
First, take time to back up your personal and important info. If you don't have a method of doing this, find a local computer shop or chain store like CC or BBY and have them back your stuff up. Remember it's not cheap, but you know they will get it for you (if you tell them where to look).

Hopefully, you purchased the computer from a retailer. If so, your computer will have a method of returning it to the state it came originally. Old computers came with a kit of CDs, newer units have a special function like hitting F10 on startup, a DVD or a hidded option in the Control Panel.

Look in the information that came with your computer for the word Restore.

If you don't have these options, call the manufacturer with the Model and Serial numbers handy to order the restore kit.

Good luck, and try Avast or Kaspersky. They're some of the better antivirus / antimalware brands out there.

I never heard

I never heard of somebody really praising a name brand computer. Well I really should say that. But yes that retore comes in handy.

1. Backup data
# System Recovery can be in the form of F10, F11, or in the start menu on windows XP under sometimes the mfg name. Also it might give you a chance to create a set of recovery CD's. I know Dell, Yuck dell, sent discs, then pre-loaded with no discs, then with discs and pre-loaded, then just discs.
2. Perform system RECOVERY. Make sure it is the one that say all data will be removed and put back to factory spec.

(WARNING THIS WILL DELETE YOU DATA. BACKUP Anything important)

They are right. If you got it from a proper store. You should have some sort of cd's. If not that isn't really a problem. Providing you have a Windows XP sticker on the machine with a license number on it.

At the shop I work at. Depending on what you want done. Backup, recovery, or from scratch. 75.00-135.00 This includes all windows updates, and we also through in some free spyware removal utils and anti-virus. Then if you want a backup we put a exact copy of your hard drive into a backup directory and create a shortcut on your desktop. We do not put the system the back the way it was. That is extra. -- bleah starting to sound like a sales pitch.

PS. If a machine is really infected or you just want a few files. WE can do that too. THe reason we backup everything is in case some of your data is not in your documents and settings folder.

later,

Josh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts