my AT9 install pics

Status
Please reply by conversation.

theslag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Here is the install that was done saturday...does anyone for see any problems that might need to be corrected??

Attachments

• IMG_9815.JPG
    IMG_9815.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_9816.JPG
    IMG_9816.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_9817.JPG
    IMG_9817.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_9819.JPG
    IMG_9819.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_9820.JPG
    IMG_9820.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 516
All i know, he came in a direct TV van. I have to look for who they were..but he was good. I liked the Bird dog meter he had...even gave quality of signal...

Nice & clean, but I sure would have installed some weather boots and some moisture resistant spray on those COAX jumpers; they are way too exposed to the elements for me.

The only thing that I am worried about is the wind...and movement..i should be fine??

Wind yes, but I would treat/cover those jumpers and as your wood deck settles and materials warp in the weather (and it will) you will need to tweak the dish alignment. Not a big deal, but just an additional maintenance tip vs a post mount or a structure.

theslag said:
Here is the install that was done saturday...does anyone for see any problems that might need to be corrected??

Looks fine. I installed one on a deck sat almost the same way.

prob still in the installers truck...where would you put the second one?? is it needed and can i do it myself...the instuctions in the box with the dish, show only one for a railing. this post mount is like a railing....please advise!!

they are supposed to form a triangle to stop back and forth (horizontal) movement in high winds. using only one only stops vertical movement. we at the MSPs got a memo that using anything but both is an auto fail if it is QCd

dragon002 said:
they are supposed to form a triangle to stop back and forth (horizontal) movement in high winds. using only one only stops vertical movement. we at the MSPs got a memo that using anything but both is an auto fail if it is QCd

We were advised one brace is ok. Depending on the surface I will use 2 braces.

Ok..you all see my pictures..were can i put a second one?? and were can i buy one?? or, can you send me one??

The "loop" of the arm would attach right below the other arm on the mast and then would go back toward the deck railing in a triangle like pattern; so if you face the dish it would go to the back right. Triangles & arches are some of the most stable shapes.

cool...but can you buy a extra mast?? or, will one of you nice installers ship me one gratis??

Dragon is correct again.

Get a service call and have the 2nd support put in(there should be no charge to you to have it finished correctly). It should be at a 90 degree angle from the vertical one. It will become a must for horizontal movement. Follow the link listed in my Sig to see what the 2nd arm should look like. I read the AT-9 directions and 2 arms are a MUST.

Since the 2nd lag bolt is used in towards the center of the base there will be even more chance of lateral movement. It is also not a bad idea to put self taping screws through all the joints to prevent anything working loose overtime.

Why only one line with a drip loop? Why is there an exposed barrel fitting? did the installer cut your line to test the signal? And why was it not weather proofed?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)