My AT9 Installer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
VIPERS-PIT said:
Do you people call the police every time someone passes you on the highway doing 66 MPH?
Bad analogy, VP. The proper anology would be, do you report (to the police or to store personnel) a eprson you notice shoplifting from a store you're shopping in? Don't you realize that just as shoplifting drives up the price of everything you buy at the store, piracy is one of the factors driving up the price of satellite service .

VIPERS-PIT said:
No one could do much to him anyway. The police are not going to go bust his door down because you claim he told you he was getting free satellite service. Think of the risk to the police and the city if they bust in and find nothing. For all they know you could be mad at him and trying to get even through hem.
I doubt the police would "bust his door down", however they might send an officer to ask some questions. Satellite piracy is a Federal offense, IIRC, but I'd bet they'd want to know where he got his hacked box from-they want the sellers of that equipment, not the end users.

Some people are unbelievable. The installer probably is doing the classic fta hack. The hardware is perfectly legal. 99% the cops arnt going to investigate and if they do what are they going to do? Check the firmware on the fta? Highly unlikely. For his work for installing your dish you should turn him in and ruin his life. I mean its only fair right? He causes your directv bill to go up 1.00 dollar every hour he watches dish. Oh and remember when all are directv bills went down 20.00 dollars when the hu card was swapped out. Please stop this guy he's ruining all of are lives.The only thing lower than someone stealing a signal is a rapist. If the cops don't stop him i suggest you just take a baseball bat to his dish. For the sake of all of us who are punished daily for this mans piracy. Everyday i wake up and prey not for world peace, but for the stop of signal theft for echostar.

Last edited:
Do you really think that his piracy is driving up anyone's bill? E* sends out a signal, and it's just hanging there in the air. If he uses his inginuity to catch that signal in the air, than good for him. How about the people who are bombarbed by satellite waves who don't want to be? They don't have a choice, the signal is just there. Did anyone's bill go down when your servicer gained a million customer's? NO.

learnwhatican said:
Do you really think that his piracy is driving up anyone's bill? E* sends out a signal, and it's just hanging there in the air. If he uses his inginuity to catch that signal in the air, than good for him. How about the people who are bombarbed by satellite waves who don't want to be? They don't have a choice, the signal is just there. Did anyone's bill go down when your servicer gained a million customer's? NO.

YES! E* subscribers pay for new satellites and technologies that E* buys. The more costumers, the price E* is charging per sub. for this new whatever is lower therefore making the price of service not go up so much. Those that don't pay E* for services are taking advanteage of this new technology but not paying for it so in the end, the E* subscribers pay for the loss. Is this clear? I don't know if it makes since to you all.

Matt

Theft of signal is just that theft nothing more nothing less.

Just because you"get away" with this does not mean that is right but that is between you and whomever to decide.

If some is shoplifting food for and elderly person that can't afford food does that making taking the food right? Nope not the way I was raised.

Please tell me youve stopped this pirate. I just checked my bill and i can tell he watched three hours of history channel for FREE!! Now i got to pay for this freeloader. Save the world and stop this thief for the love of god.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)