My Blockbuster bringing in titles July 10

Only problem is, my wife wants to go to a theater to see Ratatouille, just to see it soon. I'm trying to get her to wait until November when it's released on Blu-ray, by which time we will probably have a BD player. I'm pretty sure it will actually cheaper to buy and own the movie than to go to the theater. Figure around $9 a ticket, $4 in gas to get to the "stadium seating" theater she likes, maybe $10-$15 in snacks. That's $30-$40, minimum, for the two of us. Safe bet I can buy the movie for less than $30, throw in two cokes and a bag of microwave popcorn and I'm still dollars ahead.

Not to mention (but I will) those damn theater seats suck! I don't care how nice a theater you are at, they are not comfy! My shoes sticking to the floor though is an experience that I surely miss! When my wife gave me the okay for the projector I decided to go a bit further and got 6 of those Berkline whatever they call them "theater Seats" Everyone's own reclininer, and yes, okay it does look like a long curved train in the den, but I think it's cool. Movies, series television and HD Ballgames, over 8 feet wide, life is good!! I honestly think I may have covered all the costs with savings of not going to the theater (Okay, except, Superman Returns and the Spidey Movies) over the last couple of years. We use to go once a week. Transformers has tempted me but the kids say wait...

Sounds like you are the neighborhood theater! ;)

We looked at theater recliners too, but decided upon a vibrating heated double sofa recliner (middle drops down between recliners for snacks- it's never up!) and a couple of stand alone rocking recliners.

The Blu-ray association would have my money now, if they had a fully functional player out. Yes, I'll say it- one equivalent to the HD DVD players. :rolleyes:

Watched Bridge to Terabathia (I think that's it) last night, great picture, I mean really great picture, movie not what I thought it would be. Tell you the truth Navy, I am surprised that more people don't have the front projectors. They are just not out there to be seen because I would still take it over any plasma, lcd or DLP set I have seen... Of course i did have my room set up for it. The price is right and for me, bigger is better! First time I saw one at a buddy's place, he was watching a football game, my jaw dropped!

FlyingJ,

Thank you for the heads up on this. I just went up to my local Blockbuster and they had Blu-rays for rent. The only bad or good part is they do not appear to be flying off the shelves. There was only one move that was not available on the shelves. When I left there were now three missing.

FlyingJ,

Thank you for the heads up on this. I just went up to my local Blockbuster and they had Blu-rays for rent. The only bad or good part is they do not appear to be flying off the shelves. There was only one move that was not available on the shelves. When I left there were now three missing.

Yes, it will be slow for a while, no one even knows they are there!

Not to mention (but I will) those damn theater seats suck! I don't care how nice a theater you are at, they are not comfy! My shoes sticking to the floor though is an experience that I surely miss! When my wife gave me the okay for the projector I decided to go a bit further and got 6 of those Berkline whatever they call them "theater Seats" Everyone's own reclininer, and yes, okay it does look like a long curved train in the den, but I think it's cool. Movies, series television and HD Ballgames, over 8 feet wide, life is good!! I honestly think I may have covered all the costs with savings of not going to the theater (Okay, except, Superman Returns and the Spidey Movies) over the last couple of years. We use to go once a week. Transformers has tempted me but the kids say wait...

I plan on a projector room, but the big flicks will still get me in the movies. Hell would have to freeze over before I waited for transformers to come out on BR.

Plus our nice theater usually doesnt have annoying people and now has DLP projection. Looks very good on that big screen.

Our theater also brought in DLP...No doubt a vast improvement. I forgot to mention, if we do go to a theater it either has to be a showing in Imax, Ultrascreen, or at the very least DLP. But do the theater room...we have the Panny 900 but I guess they have even better ones in that price range now. But, man it's fantastic!!

Our BB carries both formats. More HD-DVD's were out based on the placards. Unfortunately, they don't have anything in either format that has been released in the last month.

S~

P.S. Get a projector :hungry:

I went in to my BB and found the blu-rays. There were about 6 or 7 out at the time which I think is great since I live in the Johnstown, PA area. Not very big market.