My Directv is out again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwgreen68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Hiding in your attic
Started experiencing the same problem with losing signal on the hr24 only. Over the past 3 days I've had to do over 20 red button resets, with 8 today! I called Directv and the tech tried several things then turned it over to a case manager. Tech call on Tuesday. This is starting to be really frustrating.

I guess not. They don't think its the hr24. It went out again while on the phone with the case manager. He had me run another system test and it couldn't find the swm. I'm getting tired of the constant problems. They should give me MLB EI for free! LOL

LOL the last time I was a week without any TV. None of the receivers would work then. I've had the hr24 reset for an hour now. So far so good....

I've been without Direct since Thursday and I'm surviving. Of course I have my C band subscriptions, FTA & OTA. Hopefully I get my replacement receiver tomorrow and I can get Direct back up. If not I'll request more credit.

I guess not. They don't think its the hr24. It went out again while on the phone with the case manager. He had me run another system test and it couldn't find the swm. I'm getting tired of the constant problems. They should give me MLB EI for free! LOL

Sooo, is it the PI that is causing the issues and not the 24 ??

Didn't try the PI this time. It was replaced the last visit. The phone tech said I was losing signal because I had a choppy picture and audio. Most of the transponders were 0 on 103.

Lnb or switch could be bad as well. But being an off and on problem i would want to swap those two things out. Good time to get the protection plan.

I already have the protection plan and all of those things have already been replaced once. The entire system was switched out with the exception of the hr24 and the cabling. The dish isn't out of alignment, that's been verified the 3 times a techs been here.

Do you have the newest software download? We were having some problems with h24s, I know yours is an hr24, and signals either not showing on the receiver and/or not being able to activate completely with a signal.

The phone tech checked and said there were no known issues with the hr24. I don't know what the current is. Mine says: 0x459, Thu 2/24,3:02a.

The tech just left. Of course everything was working fine while he was here. He changed a cable fitting,tightened all fittings, and installed a ground. Hopefully I wont have any other issues.

IF the signal is coming and going, is it weather related ?
Raining ? and drying out ?

Seeing your "in the Attic" we don't know where your at, is it hot in the day and cools off at night ... Does it work one time or the other - day vs night ?

LOL Conway Arkansas - Little Rock Metro. The weather is always clear when I lose signal and it never comes back on its own. I always have to do a reset. Funny thing is, it didn't go out during a hellacious thunderstorm. Thanks for your input. Now, back into the attic......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)