My DirecTV programming package

What programming package do you have with DirecTV?

• Premier package

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Premier package with HD

• Premier package with HD & DVR

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Choice package

• Choice XTRA that includes HD or SD & DVR

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • Family package

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • NFLST

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Sport Package

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Grandfathered package

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Other not described explain please.

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jtn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
Springfield, MA
This is multiple selection on this pole, you can select more than one option.

I have voted already for the Premier package with HD DVR & HD package.

Last edited:
What is with all the polls suddenly popping up on the forums?

It's to get an idea of what people are ordering and watching, it's private also not public. You can choose more than 1 and if you have a package that isn't represented in the poll you can explain if you are comfortable.
:)

I have Premier package with HD & DVR +NFL ST and all games in HD and the sports package.

Two separate home locations; both with:

Premier w/HD LiL
HD Pack(s)
DVR(s)
NFL ST/SF
NBA LP (my vote for other)

I did not read the whole poll and voted for Premier when it should have been with HD and DVR, sorry.
It happends,I was just wondering why he stated he had the sports pack on top of Premier pack,But now I see. I thought maybe D* was making a change again,like charging extra for it. Premier Pack used to include DVR,but I think its extra now too.

I have Premier HD/DVR w/ HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, TMC, Starz, Encore and NFL ST.

Premier includes everything; basic channels, sports pack and movie channels. So you are correct Hemi, listing anything other than Ethnic programming and Premium sports add-ons like NBA or NFL is redundant and confusing; especially to the new users.

The poll will only let me have 10 options for selection, that's why I have a selection for other and allow multiple selections depending on your package.

Sorry JTN, my explanation was not directed at you or the poll; just the comments that say I have premier AND HBO, SHO, etc.

Current Charges for Service Period 11/25/07 - 12/24/07
onepixelBlue.gif

11/25 12/24 TOTAL CHOICE PLUS Monthly 51.99
trans.gif
11/25 12/24 HBO, STARZ!, and SHOWTIME Monthly 34.00
trans.gif

11/25 12/24 DIRECTV Protection Plan Monthly 5.99
trans.gif

11/25 12/24 HD Access Monthly 9.99
trans.gif

11/25 12/24 DIRECTV DVR Service Monthly 5.99
trans.gif
trans.gif

Fees
onepixelBlue.gif

11/26 Additional Receiver 4.99
trans.gif

11/26 Additional Receiver 4.99
trans.gif
trans.gif

Taxes
onepixelBlue.gif

Sales Tax 0.30
trans.gif

Virginia Communication Services Tax 5.60
trans.gif

onepixelBlue.gif

AMOUNT DUE$123.84

Sorry JTN, my explanation was not directed at you or the poll; just the comments that say I have premier AND HBO, SHO, etc.

No problem, I understand you were no directing that towards me, your input is helpful, thanks.
:)

Last edited:
V-

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just get Prem?
If I wanted Cinemax and the sports crap.

Premiere doesnt give you DVR service, additional recievers or HD access free does it?

I can't find the prices anymore on the D* website. The new D* website SUCKS IMO. geez you have to go to "change programming" now to see the package prices :rolleyes:

Actually I think I am getting PLUS HD DVR service for about 68 bucks Versus paying 70 bucks for it this way.

69.99 vs 51.99+5.99+9.99

Last edited:
I am not a huge fan of the new design either, I was just trying to think about my bill minus the NFL and NBA add-ons. I was thinking off the top of my head that our Prem + DVR + HD + 2mirrors was about $116/mo. When I can get to it I will double check. I don't think we have any added taxes either. So with your taxes that does come out about the same, but with added channel I guess you don't want. So its a wash I guess.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts