My DirecTV programming package

What programming package do you have with DirecTV?

• Premier package

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Premier package with HD

• Premier package with HD & DVR

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Choice package

• Choice XTRA that includes HD or SD & DVR

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • Family package

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • NFLST

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Sport Package

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Grandfathered package

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Other not described explain please.

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If I wanted Cinemax and the sports crap.

Premiere doesnt give you DVR service, additional recievers or HD access free does it?

I can't find the prices anymore on the D* website. The new D* website SUCKS IMO. geez you have to go to "change programming" now to see the package prices :rolleyes:

Actually I think I am getting PLUS HD DVR service for about 68 bucks Versus paying 70 bucks for it this way.

69.99 vs 51.99+5.99+9.99
It would cost you $137.54+what ever your sales tax is.

premiere is 99.99

Our very best entertainment package that offers a world of premium entertainment including movies, sports, music, special events and local channels.

Over 250 top networks in 100% digital quality, including 31 premium movie channels featuring 7 channels of HBO, 12 channels of Starz Super Pack, 9 channels of SHOWTIME UNLIMITED, and 3 channels of Cinemax, plus more than 30 sports networks with SPORTS PACK.

If I wanted Cinemax and the sports crap.

Premiere doesnt give you DVR service, additional recievers or HD access free does it?

I can't find the prices anymore on the D* website. The new D* website SUCKS IMO. geez you have to go to "change programming" now to see the package prices :rolleyes:

Actually I think I am getting PLUS HD DVR service for about 68 bucks Versus paying 70 bucks for it this way.

69.99 vs 51.99+5.99+9.99

Premier doesn't include DVR service, HD programming package, or additional receivers. Only the primary receiver has no fee on any package for mirroring.

It would cost you $137.54+what ever your sales tax is.
They need an all in one, premiere, HD service and DVR all in one price IMO and throw in the protection plan for free. In any case Cinemax does nothing for me right now, its not even HD and I could care less about their sports pack.

They need an all in one, premiere, HD service and DVR all in one price IMO and throw in the protection plan for free. In any case Cinemax does nothing for me right now, its not even HD and I could care less about their sports pack.

That would be reasonable request. I thought at one point the protection plan in the past was included in the premier package.

I agree! I think the sports pack sucks.Cinemax sucks on D* Thats why I have it on E*.

Also agreed!

P.S. Ours was $126 not the $116 I said before.

I have premier with HD and DVR....though I wonder if its really worth it....thinking about dropping to one movie channel.

Do any of the other preimer folks share this or am I in the minorty?

I have premier with HD and DVR....though I wonder if its really worth it....thinking about dropping to one movie channel.

Do any of the other preimer folks share this or am I in the minorty?

Eventually all movies will be shown on each movie channel, so if you don't mind the wait, it would save.

If you get the Choice Xtra plus which comes with DVR/ HD for $69.99 and add 1 movie premium that would be an additional $13. so for both it would cost you $82.99. So for $17 more you could get all movie channel premiums with premier but also factor the $5.99 DVR fee and HD fee of $9.99. Just do the math carefully before you decide on the programming that fits your budget.

Last edited:
Satjay, i agree somewhat, but when purchased as the all inclusive i just see it as more choice and overall convenience.... for a bit more money.

The cost for the non-prem choice xtra is $55 + 2 movie chnls ($25) = $80 vs prem @ $100 (is this correct?) so for just $20 mo you get all the chnls, all the movies and the sports pack. This formula assumes no mirrors, no hd or dvr, just the chnl packages.

The higher the package I believe that DirecTV has factored the discount into the price. Instead of getting a Choice and signing up for 4 movie channels, you end up paying more instead of just getting the premier.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts