my dish doesn't know how to count

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey George,

Sorry you are having so much trouble with the mover.

You might check to see if the little magnet wheel is too far from the sensor. There should be a little plastic wheel in there with magnets somewhere and that is what tells the sensor when to send out the pulses. If there is a lot of grease/dirt etc on the magnets or sensor head, or if the head is too far away, that might hinder it.

That's about all I know to tell you. Hopefully someone has a suggestion.

Fred

Just thinking as I looked at the photos posted. I'm used to the VonWeise style actuator and I'm not sure if the sensor in his SuperJack works the same. Can't see it being much different.

i have a von weise also ( on my bigger dish that i'm repairing) and its looks different
whats funny i only found two places to buy parts and at one place the replacement motor is cheaper than just the sensor at the other place. guess i better call and ask if the motor has the sensor included first before ordering.

That is quite strange. As I recall, although it's been probably 5 years or so since I've ordered a sensor, they were only $6-10 each. Not real pricey.
The procedure I posted to test the sensor should work well with the VonWeise.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts