My dog hates satellite TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
How do you stop a dog from chewing through a satellite cable? I can think of a few ways but I don't want him to pay the death penalty. Any non lethal ideas would much appreciated.:eek:

spray it with something that the dog thinks stinks.

Thank you and you may have saved a dogs life. I was thinking about leaving a plugged in extenton cord and rubbing down with some steak. I'm not sure if it would kill him but I think it would be the last cord he would chew through.:p

Run the exposed length through conduit, or at minimum, PVC.

We had a dog that chewed phone lines; these things can emit so buzzing or tone that annoys them and they seek out to eliminate it.

I have my cable running through these in my living room (although for aesthetic reasons, not a dog):
Raceway_Inside.jpg

Something that Ive done in the past to deal with rabbits and squirrels.

Take a handfull of habenero peppers and puree them in the blender then strain out the juice through a strainer, get some glycerin and a spray bottle and pour the juice into the bottle, add a cup of glycerin and a half cup of water then spray the coax down and all it will take is him putting his mouth on that line once.

I had a good time watching that squirrel dance.

two words for you... Bitter Apple. It works. :) I actually last used it to break my son of chewing on his sleeves.... He still fears it. lol My dog doesn't like it either.

If the animal or child is determined they will get past the bitter apple, one of the cats at the shelter wouldnt leave an incision alone even after getting it doused in bitter apple.

Although I agree with all these food deterrents; if they work; why not skip the temp solutions that likely will need to be repeated and make a permanent and absolute fix once?

If the animal or child is determined they will get past the bitter apple, one of the cats at the shelter wouldnt leave an incision alone even after getting it doused in bitter apple.

When does Michael Vick get out of lockup? :D It is a neglected dog (not for food etc...) You know one of those dogs that the kids just have to have and now they could careless. I feel sorry for it. It is a Cathaoula and from what I understand they are very bright and when they are bored they are very destructive. Can I drop it off at an animal shelter? Korean restaurant?:hungry: I got some stuff from pet smart after that I don't know what I will do. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Call animal control and let them deal with it and the owner, I'm not sure about the laws in your area but in mine a dog must be kept in a fenced in yard or the owner must be outside with it and in control of the animal at all times and it can never be on a tether and never left unattended.

Dogs may eat some of the grosest and strangest stuff but they wont go back to something that causes them pain and habenero's will do just that, just be sure to wear gloves if you have any cuts on your hands when making the mixture and wash your hands twice afterwards.

Call animal control and let them deal with it and the owner, I'm not sure about the laws in your area but in mine a dog must be kept in a fenced in yard or the owner must be outside with it and in control of the animal at all times and it can never be on a tether and never left unattended.

Dogs may eat some of the grosest and strangest stuff but they wont go back to something that causes them pain and habenero's will do just that, just be sure to wear gloves if you have any cuts on your hands when making the mixture and wash your hands twice afterwards.

Eh that's the problem I'm the owner.:) I like the hot sauce idea. If the pet smart stuff doesn't work well I'm sure that will.

I go with habies because its a garaunteed fix though if you really really really want a iron clad garauntee then Daves Insanity Sauce makes a concentrated sauce called black cap that works, it comes in a small bottle and you add a drop to a pot of chilly.

I think chewing is sign your dog likes or loves satellite too, or you are spending too much time watching TV instead of having some play time with your dog.

I say spend more time with your dog. Then you and dog can enjoy watching the TV afterward.:eureka

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)