My Dream

Do you like this structure? (Look at PDF Below)

• Yes

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I like Parts of it and Not Others

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

directvfreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
My Pricing Idea

If could change Directv's new lease system, this is how I would do it. Look at attached PDF. Please post things you would like to change!

Attachments

• DirecTV New Pricing.pdf
    3.3 KB · Views: 617
Last edited:
While I think it is a big improvement over the present plan, I still prefer to own.

Don't give them any encouragment to become more like Dish! :eek

One major advantage Direc has right now is a single DVR fee, charging per DVR is insane IMHO.

* If HD DVR is placed on account, SD DVR; 1st fee is waived; therefore, an Add’l SD
DVR is $5.99/m.

Hmm - someone has an HD Tivo, me thinks :D

I still think the easiest thing they could do is waive the HD package for TC Prem. A no-brainer...

With the new lease policy in place, with the upcoming MPEG-4 HD-DVR, and the recent price increase, along with the lack of new HD channels and HD-lite, I may go to cable this summer after we move.

Thank god you don't work for D*. You realize we would be paying more for service?

Neutron said:
With the new lease policy in place, with the upcoming MPEG-4 HD-DVR, and the recent price increase, along with the lack of new HD channels and HD-lite, I may go to cable this summer after we move.

Same goes for me. Finally cable in my area has stepped up to the plate with some competitive offers against Directv. Also, being called an "abusive customer" by a CSR did not help Directv's chances. To their defense they called and emailed me an apology after I requested that they play back the recorded phone call with the CSR.

One advantage that Comcast in our area has is they don't downrezz their HD. That's important to me.

Neutron said:
One advantage that Comcast in our area has is they don't downrezz their HD. That's important to me.
Well, then, go to Comcrap, but don't come crying to me when they screw you over. Trust me, they will...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)