Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
(begin e-mail)

I've been very happy with the 4000 Pro. I've owned for a # of years. (since '06). I have recently bought the 8100 HD and I'm VERY disappointed in the firmware. I have upgraded to the latest flash file from your website (coolsatusa.com) and the system will NOT allow me to arrange channels in order of scan. In other words, I get channels being labeled by SID and I've tried other sorting options but to no luck. Is there any remote chance that there will soon be new firmware for us legitimate users of FTA to have a firmware that is conducive to legal FTA satellite scanning?

I.E. The Coolsat 4000 pro assigns channel #'s in the order of which they we're scanned in. I'd like for that function to be available on the 8100 HD. Could you keep me informed on the latest results? Thank you! (end of e-mail)

I don't know if this will accomplish much but it may get someone's attention.

I don't know if this will accomplish much but it may get someone's attention.

techno,
You might be slapping a dead horse there! I would keep after them though. With the latest law suit going with E* I would say that they don’t care much about firmware for the boxes they manufacture and sell. Interesting to see what they say "IF" they get back to you. Keep us posted on what you find out!

FTABman0_Avitar.gif

The 8000/8100 is made in a different factory than the 4/5/6000 so the menus are dramatically different

You'll work trough the quirks in no time : ) I did with mine ;)

I have to keep going in and changing the setting in my 8000 to "Transponder" so I can even find what I just scanned. I don't know what "SID" is or why it keeps reverting to that and won't stay on "Transponder" very aggrivating! ...and that channel display, (CH0001, CH0001, CH0001, CH0002....) I won't even get started on that, other than it's pretty much useless! I wish it would let me group 'em by SATELLITE like my 9200. The Coolsat 8000 is a good box for what I paid for it, but for menus, and ease of use, my Pansat 9200 kicks it's a$$!

I was all ready to switchover and have the 8100 HD be my do all box. ATSC, FTA, HD, etc.

After 1 night of screwin' around with this thing, I banished it to slavery. That's the job now, it is a slave to trusty Coolsat 4000 pro. It's a shame too. ALL of the SD channels are so nice looking on my 8100. That's how this cookie crumbles.

Since the 8100HD doesn't Blind Scan, I knew right away that it wasn't going to be the be-all-end-all I'd like. Still, after I watched PBS in HD and saw some Network S2 feeds I knew I'd be hooked. I got a 16GB flash drive for rather cheap and had a nice PVR to boot.

Still, it's the box I feed numbers into after I find feeds on my Fortec Ultra and have to restart if it decides not to scan a TP for whatever reason. I also wish I knew how to write/update Firmware enough so that True FTAers could mess around with it more.

I wish it would let me group 'em by SATELLITE like my 9200. The Coolsat 8000 is a good box for what I paid for it, but for menus, and ease of use, my Pansat 9200 kicks it's a$$!

They are grouped by satellite via the 'FAV' button and I find that to be almost as good as grouped by satellite in the whole list. Even on my 6000 I almost always use the SAT button, so FAV works about the same except for the bogus sort.

Every time you scan it re-sorts the channels, so you have go in and do a sort by CAS and then by SID after each scan. Or just live with the sort.

I have to keep going in and changing the setting in my 8000 to "Transponder" so I can even find what I just scanned. I don't know what "SID" is or why it keeps reverting to that and won't stay on "Transponder" very aggrivating! ...and that channel display, (CH0001, CH0001, CH0001, CH0002....) I won't even get started on that, other than it's pretty much useless! I wish it would let me group 'em by SATELLITE like my 9200. The Coolsat 8000 is a good box for what I paid for it, but for menus, and ease of use, my Pansat 9200 kicks it's a$$!

yep its a pain. What I do after scanning is sort by network or TP. That si the closest thing to a list by satellite I can get. But I have the satellites sorted E to W from 61.5,72,74,79,82,83,85, etc

Status
Please reply by conversation.