My Globecast reciever no longer powers on. Is there a fuse inside or something I can do, to revive t

Status
Please reply by conversation.
T

tvwatchingdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 5, 2007
My Globecast receiver no longer powers on. Is there a fuse inside or something I can do, to revive the receiver? Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

northgeorgia

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
What did the folks at Globecast World TV say when you called them up? I don't have any dealings with them, but as they're a niche market, I'm wondering if they'd just send out a free replacement.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Most models have a fuse on the power supply, but it is not a user replaceable item. If the fuse is blown, the replacement would be soldered onto the PCB.

If you are asking this question, I would suggest that you may not have the experience and/or knowledge to safely work on the AC power supply with voltages that could potentially kill.

xtgold

xtgold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 17, 2008
nutmeg state
fuses blow for a reason,it may take some troubleshooting first to determine why.

T

tvwatchingdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 5, 2007
Thanks for your input everyone!

gabshere

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
I have a WorldTV receiver, i got with a dish find . It has no remote or power cord so i don't know if it powers up. I don't know anything about globecast , if they would authorize or anything involved with this receiver but you are welcome to try it.

Model # is SE830-TON7-S

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts