My Hd Cbs Local For The Ncaa!

STORMBO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
my local cbs channel OTA Is showing A Different Game, Than The Local cbs channel from satellite.Wow! So where They Are Showing The Game In Hd they are sending it only to the channels that can be viewed in hd They Are also sending A Different Feed in sd so the non hd channels get a sd feed.how do they do That?

Last edited:
STORMBO said:
It's Showing A Different Game Than The Local From Satellite.wow So Where The Are Showing The Game In Hd They Are Sending A Different Feed How'd They Do That?

Could you re-type that...perhaps, in English?

I believe here in Hartford, the Analog Channel is showing one game, and the Digital Channel is showing another game (and possibly a second game as well!)

CBS is allowing (and requesting) stations to run a HD game that is different than the Analog one IF the game on the analog is not being carried in HD. Not all stations are doing that as the notice came only a day before the series from CBS. Some stations are not equipped to dynamically change things to do this. Only today did CBS send a packet to upgrade receivers so CBS can control them like they do the digital IRD's for analog. (Yes, the CBS analog feeds, as all networks, are delivered to the stations in digital).

Dog6869 said:
I have not seen any Final 4 Games in HD!!!!! Are any of it being shown in HD???? And what games on CBS are in HD???
All the games in my area have been in HD (more than anything, I'm surprised as the geniuses that run the local CBS station often forget to turn on HD for CBS HD programs). In some cases, there has been a different game on the HD and analog CBS channels. Fortunately, they don't multicast an SD channel along with the HD channel as that obviously degrades HD picture quality as is the case with my local NBC and PBS stations.

I just noticed that the ATL CBS is showing a different game on the HD channel vs the SD channel. I love this. Plus I have CBS E HD with has another game!!!! In fact I can actually see every single game right now. Man this is a great reason to have distant networks!!!!!! I am in heaven, hehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)