my hd-dvr died tonight

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
Froze, so I unplugged it for 30 minutes.

The 4 digit display, lights a '8' in the first digit, then all 8's, then does it over and over.

Called Comcast. At least I don't have to wait for a technician. Al I have to do is go to the service office and exchange it tomorrow.

Except I lose all my shows on it :confused: :mad:

I think those shows are already lost!

Good luck with the exchange. Our local offices don't deal with HD equipment. I tried once, they said to it was ok on the phone, but when I walked into the office with a HD box, they gave me the dumbfounded "what's HD" look. And it was all downhill from there... ugh. Oh well.

-John

philhu said:
At least I don't have to wait for a technician. Al I have to do is go to the service office and exchange it tomorrow.

A BIG REASON I have Comcast over a satellite provider!
Plus you don't have to buy the HD DVR either.

jgantert said:
I think those shows are already lost!

Good luck with the exchange. Our local offices don't deal with HD equipment. I tried once, they said to it was ok on the phone, but when I walked into the office with a HD box, they gave me the dumbfounded "what's HD" look. And it was all downhill from there... ugh. Oh well.

-John

I had the same problem trying to get a cablecard. Told on the phone, come on down! Got there, they looked at me like I had 6 eyes when I asked.

Anyway - My localoffice had them, exchange took 3 minutes!

And the new box is a different newer model! They dropped the dvi connector, and added an hdmi one, moved the smartcard slot to the back, and added a port marked SATA (For hd someday I guess), and 2 firewires! Although, based upon track record, these probably will never be activated. We never got the usb activated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)